Job Role: Foundry Operative
Location: South Molton
Our client, based in South Molton, is looking for a Foundry Operative to join their business. This is a full time position and after the initial training period will include shift work.
- Knock out of moulds to remove shell post to the casting operation
- Water blasting of moulds to remove as much shell as practical and allow the band saw operations to commence
- Cutting off castings using a semi-automatic band saw
- Rework of castings to remove surplus shell and metal materials
- Dry blasting of components to give a uniformed matt finish
- Removal of hot moulds to support the casting process
- Follow strict health and safety guidelines and aptitude for identifying hazards.
- Work closely and safely with team members to ensure good team ethics and co-operation.
- Assist the team members in any other activity to complete daily tasks.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work shifts preferred (6am - 2pm / 2pm - 10pm)
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to work in differing conditions and assist in the other areas when needed
- Understand written instructions and comply with company processes and procedures
- Able to work as a team player
Qualifications / Experience required
- Ideally candidates will have proven experience in working in a factory environment
- Good awareness of Health and Safety practises
- Excellent Team work
Cordant People is equal opportunities employer
- Machine Operating
- Wax injection
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job