Fostering Social Worker, Southend, £28ph
If you have substantial fostering experience and are looking for your next locum role, call us today.
You will work in an established fostering service working directly with foster carers.
Main responsibilities include:
- Provide an efficient and cost effective service to children, young people, their families and fostering families ensuring the needs of children and their parents and carers are professionally assessed.
- Investigate, evaluate and analyse information on cases, demonstrating clarity of assessment, reliability of information, evidence in conclusions and realistic action plans.
- Ensure that all casework and foster care services comply with statutory requirements, regulation and the Council’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure that investigations, enquiries and assessments are completed to high professional standards.
- Ensure that all case management complies with statutory requirements and the Council’s policies and procedures.
- Liaise with and work in partnership with other agencies and organisations, to support care plans and the work of foster carers.
- Undertake the recruitment, assessment, training and development of foster carers, enabling the service to meet the diverse needs of children.
- Participate in an effective referral and allocation system, ensuring that relevant documentation is available and current for children looked after by foster carers.
- Attend panels, conferences, reviews and court as required for each case presenting the Council plans and opinions with professionalism and integrity.
- Prepare and submit written reports as and when required.
- Ensure the Team Manager is kept fully appraised of problems arising from workload and seek advice as and when necessary.
- A social work qualification (degree in social work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent recognised social work qualification
- Knowledge of child protection
- Knowledge of issues affecting children looked after
- Knowledge of methods of social work intervention
- Experience of working with foster carers
- Valid driving licence and car available for business use
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To find out more about this role, please call Dee Spencer on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.
- Social Work
- Young People
- Looked after Children
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job