Fostering Social Work Assistant Permanent - Independent Fostering Agency - Worcestershire
Aurora Resourcing are recruiting on behalf of a well-established IFA who are seeking a passionate Fostering Social Work Assistant on a full time, permanent basis based in Worcestershire.
The main duties of the role will include direct work with children for task centred pieces of work and intervention, support to Foster Carers to provide strategies and therapeutic guidance in their practice and supporting the Supervising Social Workers in recruitment, supervision of carers, participation events, opportunities for children (including birth children) and planning and executing celebration events for carers and children.
- To be involved in training packages for foster carers both approved and being assessed.
- Promote the welfare of children and young people placed with the agency.
- To be involved in the practical aspects of placements and to assist in the on-going placement process.
- Work closely with other members of staff and other agencies, e.g. social services, health and education services etc.
- Work directly with children and young people in a skilled and focused way as part of an agreed programme of work.
- Co-ordinate groups and joint work for all children and young people placed with the agency.
- To be fully aware and work in conjunction with any established Care Plan.
- Must have relevant experience of working with children in a family setting, or personal experience of supporting children.
- Childcare qualifications are desirable, and you must be able to drive and have access to your own vehicle.
The salary is competitive, starting from £19,000 - £24,500 per annum (based on previous experience).
A good pension scheme and healthcare is also offered, please discuss further benefits with Li Li.
How to apply
To find out more or to apply for this position please apply through this advert, if you would like further information about this or other opportunities then please call Li Li.
Aurora Resourcing are an equal opportunities and equality recruitment agency
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job