Fostering Family Support Worker - Independent Fostering Agency - Worcester
Aurora Resourcing are recruiting on behalf of a well-established IFA who are seeking a passionate full time Fostering Family Support Worker for Maternity Cover (9 - 12 months fixed term) based in Worcester.
The main duties of the role will include direct work with children for task centred pieces of work and intervention, support to Foster Carers to provide strategies and therapeutic guidance in their practice and supporting the Supervising Social Workers in recruitment, supervision of carers, participation events, opportunities for children (including birth children) and planning and executing celebration events for carers and children.
- Support children and young people to complete their looked after children reviews & fostering household annual reviews
- Undertake activity risk assessments
- Organize and run focus groups with children and young people
- Organise and co-ordinate social events days out and activities for children/foster carers
- Provide regular material for the quarterly staff Newsletters
- Support birth children of foster carers
- Attend looked after children reviews, meetings to support foster carers, social workers, and other agencies as required
- Supervise contact of looked after children where required
- Other supportive tasks as requested by the fostering registered manager, the senior supervising social worker, or the supervising social worker. e.g. health and safety checks, dog and pet questionnaires at fostering households, etc.
- Must have relevant experience of working with children in a family setting, or personal experience of supporting children.
- Childcare qualifications are desirable, and you must be able to drive and have access to your own vehicle.
The salary is competitive, starting from £18,000 - £22,500 per annum (or pro rata for 9 months).
Please discuss further benefits with Li Li.
How to apply
To find out more or to apply for this position please apply through this advert, if you would like further information about this or other opportunities then please call Li Li in confidence.
Aurora Resourcing are an equal opportunities and equality recruitment agency
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'