P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Forwarder to join their Grain Forwarding team based in Berwick-upon-Tweed.
Role / Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with consumer customers to satisfy their delivery requirements
- Work closely with internal Fleet managers to maximise efficiency of dedicated and company vehicles.
- Maintain relationships with contracted and primary hauliers to promote closer working relationship.
- Using knowledge of the haulage market, contract haulage at optimum market rates taking into account performance.
- Collaborate with peers in other forwarding offices and parent companies, Cargill/ABF sites, to create synergies across different products.
- Maintain a high level of service to the supplying and consuming customer by ensuring clear and timely communication at all points
- Using knowledge of haulage market, liaise with planners and sales teams to ensure product is moved to cost effective home.
- Keep up to date with latest legislation regarding TASCC.
- Provide fleet scheduling support cover to the Regional Forwarding Manager
- Thrive in a fast paced and pressured environment whilst maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully negotiate with both suppliers and customers
- Possess a confident and professional manner with strong interpersonal skills
- Be self-motivated and an effective team player
- Ability to focus attention and to continually drive to achieve desired outcome
- Demonstrate a competent level of commercial understanding
- PC literate with experience of both Word and Excel
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.