As part of the Pharmaceutical Scientce's team, the mission of the role is to provide novel products to the company's clinical pipeline. The portfolio of projects spans traditional small molecules, peptides, proteins, RNA based therapeutics and cell therapies across various therapy areas.
The incumbent displays strong scientific and technical knowledge in various aspects of drug delivery, formulation and analytical process with a drive to apply these techniques in the new modalities portfolio such as mRNA therapeutics. The incumbent must have the scientific commitment and strong desire to make impactful scientific and technical contributions within nanomedicine research.
Contract: 6 months
Location: Granta Park, Cambridge
Hours: 40 hours/week
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a formulation scientist, you will be responsible for the formulation of lipid nanoparticles to study nucleic acid delivery using the following equipment/techniques for:
- High throughput formulation of lipid nanoparticles using microfluidic mixing (ex., NanoAssemblr or related equipment)
- Analytical characterization of lipid nanoparticles such as particle size and zeta potential measurements, encapsulation efficiency, TNS assay for pKa measurements etc.,
- Support the translational and development of Lipid nanoparticle based formulation for platform activities.
- Analyze, interpret and organize data to prepare experimental reports and communicate the results in internal meetings.
For this role, we are looking for a formulation scientist with experience in analytical techniques required for lipid nanoparticle characterization and development.
- BSc degree in relevant scientific discipline (eg., pharmaceutics, chemistry, biotechnology)
- Lab experience in lipid nanoparticle or other nanoparticle formulations especially in the context of nucleic acid delivery
- Experience in analytical instrumentations used in formulation characterization (particle size and zeta potential measurements, pKa determination, UV-Vis, HPLC etc.,)
- Experience in planning, scheduling and coordination of meetings with cross functional and global teams.
- Desirable Requirements:
- PhD in relevant scientific discipline (eg., pharmaceutics, chemistry, biotechnology)
- Broad experience and knowledge of drug delivery technologies used in nucleic acid delivery
- Experience in the scale up and clinical development of nanomedicines
- Some Experience with tissue culture for in vitro transfection studies
- A clear interest in scientific publishing, presentations, articles and posters.
Kelly Services are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this job.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'