Formulation Chemist - Personal Care / Cosmetics
£25,000-30,000 PA depending on experience
Full time permanent
My client operates in the toiletries, cosmetics and personal care industry and is now looking for a hands on junior or senior Formulation chemist to come on board to support the new product development and manufacture of personal care and cosmetic products.
* To develop personal care products following with minimal supervision, to customer guidelines and specifications and cost requirements.
* Generate new product development prototypes for the Business Development Teams.
* Ensure all samples meet specified deadlines and targets.
* Ensure all formulation information and results are recorded accurately to ensure full trace ability at all times.
* To liaise with the Head of Development on all aspects of Product Development Requests issued to meet deadlines and targets.
* To ensure all laboratory stocks of new raw materials are requested from suppliers in an orderly a timely manner.
* To maintain general good housekeeping of the laboratory and associated areas
* To manage Development Technicians ensuring efficiency and quality of work.
* Candidates will ideally have a BSc in a Science based degree or equivalent. A diploma in cosmetic sciences will be highly desirable.
* Candidates should be able to demonstrate formulation experience of personal care products.
* 3 to 5 years of experience of formulation experience will be desirable.
* Knowledge and experience in the costing of materials when developing products would be highly desirable.
Key Words: Cosmetics, Beauty, Soaps, Body Care, Shampoo, Shower Gel, Skincare, Creams, Hair Care, Emulsions, Chemist, Formulation, Development, Research and Development, Product Development, Personal Care
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Search Scientific, part of Search Consultancy is an Employment Business/Agency.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- formulation science scientist materials personal care fmcg cosmetic surfactant
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'