Our client, a leading Oil and Gas supplier company based in Great Yarmouth are currently seeking a Forklift Receipt & Dispatch Operative to join their busy team.
- Do you have experience within Oil & Gas?
- Are you customer focused and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships?
- Do you have forklift experience?
If so, this could be the role for you!
As the Forklift Receipt & Dispatch Operative, you will support vessel cargo operations by receiving outbound cargo and dispatching inbound cargos from the quayside to clients, vendors and other third parties, in accordance with procedures and Best Practice.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Receive outbound cargo onto site, ensuring it is on a vessel loadlist
- Raise any non-conforming or unexpected cargo with the Materials Team
- Move the cargo from the laydown area to the vessel in accordance with the loading order ensuring all cargo is stored in a safe and logical order
- Move inbound cargo away from vessel upon discharge and into dispersal area ready for onward transport
- Load inbound cargo onto trucks and complete associated dispersal paperwork
- Liaise with the Materials, Warehouse or Operations teams where required
- Conduct daily checks and complete associated compliance documentation, raising any defects with a line manager where identified
- Support the fitter during repairs and routine maintenance as required
- Inspection of cargo delivered to the Gantry
- Support and provide cover to the Quayside Controller, managing traffic, personnel and contractors on the Quayside to preserve a controlled workzone
- Support the Warehouse and Fuel & Lubricants department with forklift activities where required.
- Present a positive image of the company through first class service delivery and customer engagement.
- Ensure that formal procedures, standing instructions and safety standards are complied with at all times.
- Ensure all site health and safety requirements are adhered to including conducting Live Safe Interventions (LSI) and record for inclusion on base scorecard
- Must be flexible regarding working additional hours and carry out any ad-hoc duties to support other operational departments as required including providing annual leave cover in-line with training ability
Minimum Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours)
- Customer focused with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships, both internal and external.
- Accustomed to working effectively in a fast-paced environment, flexible and can adapt to changing workloads and priorities, where high standards are not compromised under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and in writing.
- Ability to work stand-alone, demonstrating initiative and ownership, while a positive contributor to the wider team.
- Motivated to achieve the highest standards of performance and customer support, maintaining a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Gantry inspection experience.
- B2 (5-15T) Counterbalance Forklift Licence
- Full UK driving licence
- B3 (15T+) Counterbalance Forklift Licence
- OPITO Banksman/Slinger Stage 3/4
- HSE related Training and an understanding of Health and Safety legislation
- Dangerous Goods Awareness
- COSHH Awareness
- Spill Response Training
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications, we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'