Our client in Rainham are looking for 3 FLT drivers to cover in their depot, start times are either 0700 or 1530 Monday to Friday
The FLT drivers primary functions are the safe and efficient loading and unloading of all delivery vehicles and serving of both internal and external customers
Key areas will be to ensure that all goods picked and loaded are accurately picked and undamaged and meet the customers’ demands in terms of quality/condition. This will involve the safe loading of various types of vehicles, ensuring compliance to safe loading practices and current legislation, working in conjunction with Logistics.
They will also be involved in stock control from goods inwards accuracy to carrying out stock counts, ensuring the materials arriving are of the correct standard and conform to the agreed CoC requirements.
They will be responsible for the daily inspection of their FLT’s and the safe operation of these on a daily basis, reporting all defects as required and conform to the Companies H&S Policy on all occasions.
Main Roles & Responsibilities
As a Forklift Driver you will be expected to perform any of the following tasks:
- Ensure the accurate and efficient loading and unloading of all consignments / branches / Logistics vehicles.
- Ensure the safe storage of all goods handled.
- Ensure that the correct procedures are completed in respect of all paperwork for incoming goods. Ensure the checking and inspection of goods unloaded on site.
- Ensure that the production/distribution areas receive stock as required.
- Assist the Operations Manager in ensuring that the presentation standards of the site are maintained to a consistently high standard.
- Ensure the safe strapping/containment of split/mixed sheet materials/timber suitable for safe and secure delivery.
- Ensure that the daily checking and reporting procedures regarding forklift maintenance are completed.
- Other reasonable duties as arising, as specified by the Operations Manager.
- Support across the branch.
- Maintain the safe movement of timber around the site.
- Good knowledge of timber and stock in the yard and factory.
- Ensure Health & Safety policy is fully observed and is of the up most priority.
- Always ensure that safe working practices are strictly adhered to
- Other reasonable duties as arising, as specified by the Operations Manager
Education/Qualifications/Experience: Must have a good level of education and relevant FLT Licence's
A relevant background and experience in a timber / builders environment with ability to multi-task responsibilities as above. Preferably with at least 5 years, work experience.
- Fork Lift
- Counter Balance