Working for this CEO will be a unique and very rewarding experience. When we met to discuss the role, she said "Jo, forget the job description, this is about joining a great team and having a very real opportunity to develop your career. The job description for this role has yet to be written and she said that it's simply a question of however you feel you can best add value. She was quick to point out that the reality of working life and being part of such a great team is something that needs to be seen to be believed.
I asked the rest of the HR team to describe her working style and they told me the following:
- Happy and relaxed with no time for stress (perhaps the most important quality in a boss!)
- High energy (be ready to keep up, but expect to leave work on time!)
- Passionate about the value of HR
- A great mentor/inspiration
- Professional with high standards
The role will take ultimate responsibility for all people based activity within the organisation from both an operational and strategic perspective. You will manage the day to day HR operations as well as deliver on the strategic senior level needs of the business. This is a hands-on role where practical HR solutions are essential, along with a passion for HR in a 'client focused' environment.
You will undertake all generalist responsibilities alongside some exciting projects that are on the agenda for 2018.
Person Specification (in order of preference):
- Happy, interesting and fun
- Significant senior leve HR experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to network successfully.
- Proactive and able to deliver in a fast-past environment.
Please contact me for a further discussion and more information, but as she said herself, forget the job description - seeing is believing!