REED Engineering & Manufacturing Sheffield are working with a leading Engineering & Manufacturing Company with a global client base.
Manage the GFM Forge area to attain planned standards of health & safety, on time performance, inventory control, OEE, cost and quality that are consistent with overall company objectives.
Systematically evaluate processes, identify improvements and introduce them in a controlled manner with the assistance of the other departments. Ensure that quality and safety documentation reflects the required practices and is clear and accurate. Train employees on health and safety, quality, technical and operational aspects of their jobs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Effective management of operational teams and team members to achieve required safety/output /cost /quality through controlled process improvement.
• Oversight of departmental maintenance functions to optimise equipment up-time & safety through execution of planned activities.
• Management of departmental safety requirements - incident investigations , inspections, audits , risk assessments, generation of procedures and training of employees.
• Resolution of quality issues utilising effective problem solving techniques and the identification of corrective actions.
• Generation and maintenance of quality documentation that controls all aspects of processing and training of employees.
• Contribution to capital/major maintenance planning and preparation/control of departmental budgets.
• Establishment of efficient material flows and work place layouts using lean principles (VSM, 5S, daily management boards)
• Fully accountable for Leading, motivating, coaching and developing management team members with implementation of a strong succession plan through documented meetings, formal appraisals and personal training and development plans ensuring appropriate matrices are updated.
• Goal setting for the team to drive High Performance culture and world class results.
• Responsible for all departmental communications.
• Responsible for ensuring all day to day people related tasks are fully documented and being carried on time and effectively e.g. return to work interviews etc – for direct reports and wider team
• Accountable for managing Employee Relations within the team in a timely and accurate manner including any disciplinary and grievance hearings and performance management.
• Accountable for control of holiday requests within own team ensuring continuity of production at all times.
• Experience of hot working environment (forging in particular) would be highly advantageous
• Ability to set and attain demanding goals for themselves and others
• Primary duties as listed above
• Leadership in a heavy manufacturing environment
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'