To take responsibility and deliver forensic accounting assignments with specific focus on investigations, and in doing so to ensure that the client’s expectations are exceeded through the provision of a quality product within an agreed budget and timescale.
To be involved in all aspects of FIS including business development activities.
You will be a part of a dynamic team with ambitious objectives and your role will be to provide additional expertise to widen our offered services.
Given the nature of FIS assignments the clients will vary and could be based in any sector. The assignments may be direct instructions from the client or may come from an intermediary such as solicitors or regulators.
The specific role is to focus on conducting investigations into allegations of fraud, money laundering, bribery, corruption and regulatory investigations. Experience in working on expert witness cases is desirable, but not essential.
Your role in forensic accounting investigation assignments will include:
• Managing a project from cradle to grave, ensuring regular communication with the Partner / Director is maintained.
• Developing your own strategy for determining the scope of an investigation.
• Undertaking interviews, taking a lead and support role as required;
• Analysing and interpreting data, including e-review and financial analysis;
• Undertaking research and background investigation, for example using open source intelligence techniques;
• Preparing reports including supporting appendices and exhibits.
• Providing verbal and written updates to clients and agreeing fees for stages of work;
• Supervising more junior staff in the assignment team and developing their skills;
• Presenting to clients and training them on fraud and investigation techniques; and
• Ensuring the team adhere to Mazars’ quality control procedures.
• Qualified accountant - ACA or equivalent.
• ACFE or similar fraud qualification desirable but not essential.
• Understands the role of a forensic accountant in civil and criminal proceeding.
• Experience of managing and leading investigations assignments.
• Strong computer skills, in particular, use of e-review software and Microsoft Excel.
• Strong interview skills, both in a lead and supporting role.
• Ability and confidence to challenge key stakeholders at clients.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Able to convey opinions clearly – both verbally and in writing.
• Strong research skills.
• Able to devise, lead, and deliver an investigation strategy.
• Able to work on own initiative.
• Able to explain technical issues to non-accountants.
• Strong administration and organisation skills.
• Ingenuity and persistence to obtain evidence that is not readily available with an eye for detail.
• Develops client relationships and spots business development opportunities.
• Contributes to the development of new initiatives and methodologies.
• Applies industry specific knowledge to client benefit.
• Ability to work as a team as well as manage projects independently.
• Experience of developing and training junior members of a team, including conducting appraisals and performance reviews.
• Creates an environment that supports and encourages innovation and flexibility.
• Manages client and partner expectations through effective communication.
• Enables balance of work and home life through effective planning.
• Promotes the firm’s values and beliefs, demonstrating integrity and maintaining an ethical stance, using flexibility and tact to express views as necessary.
• Language skills preferred but not essential.
• Some experience of working on expert witness assignments would be advantageous.
Please CLICK HERE to download our benefits booklet
Please CLICK HERE to download the job description.
Mazars is all about people – we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
We are an international, integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, legal, and advisory services. The Group has a presence over 80 countries and draws on the expertise of 17,000 professionals.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement – not pressure and competition.
Mazars LLP is an equal opportunities employer and all applications received by the firm will be considered by the firm on the basis of their merit alone and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of background. All offers of employment will be conditional on the candidate having/securing the right to work in the UK and providing the firm with evidence of that right (as required by the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006) prior to employment commencing.