As Depot Foreman you will have a pivotal role in the depot, ensuring the safe running of the depot and yard. You will be responsible for managing yard and workshop activities and operations, ensuring the depot runs efficiently and effectively subject to legislation, Company regulations and procedures. You will need to assess priorities and assign tasks accordingly, ensure deadlines are met, train employees, and give instructions to ensure people work efficiently and effectively?
Your key responsibilities may include:
You will be responsible for:
- Organising and managing yard and workshop personnel, including the drivers, ensuring they work efficiently, effectively and safely, .
- Maintaining the standard and quality of all the kit in the Depot, including all Mechanical Plant, FLT’s, HGV’s, Vans, etc.
- Ensuring the presentation, testing and maintenance of equipment, plant and infrastructure is sustained.
- Maintaining and continuing the upkeep of yard premises and other working environments within the depot.
- Stock control and management, including organising stock takes.
- Assessing damages and advising accordingly.
- Prioritising work to meet order requirements, liaising with team members and other depots to ensure customer orders are satisfied
- Managing all yard costs and expenditure, ensuring accurate recording of these.
- Complying with all statutory requirements, Company policies and legislation, ensuring your team do likewise.
- Conducting Tool Box Talks and training sessions as appropriate.
For applicants with technical knowledge and a desire to progress, there may be opportunities to advance into other areas of the business once they have become familiar with the equipment.
Ideally you should have:
- People skills with proven ability to manage and motivate staff under your control.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- A technical background with the ability to read engineering drawings, experience within a construction/ groundwork's environment is preferable.
- A HNC in Construction (or equivalent) would be an advantage.
- Strong IT Skills (MS Word, Excel and proprietary database systems).
- The ability to work in a fast paced, challenging environment.
- Health and Safety knowledge with the ability to brief teams in safe working practices. IOSH Managing Safely Qualification (or equivalent) is preferable.
- A passion for quality and presentation of equipment and good housekeeping.
Who we are:
We are an expanding Company, with a passion to provide a total service to our Customers. Our values of Commitment, Innovation and Sustainability are at the heart of everything we do.
Established in 1981, MGF is a market leader in the design, manufacture, hire and sale of excavation support systems for the civil engineering and construction industries. Our business is based on providing technical solutions to meet customer needs. MGF’s approach is to provide a one-stop shop for our customers, who range from small locally based sub-contractors to major multi-national contracting organisations.
Do you want to combine your technical knowledge, passion for all things Health and Safety and your ability to get along well with others at all levels, in an environment where no two days are the same? If so, this exciting opportunity to manage an established team is for you. If you are an experienced Foreman with the required skills and would like to work for a well-established company, we are looking for individuals like you!
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of society.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
- Management Skills
- Stock Control
- Technical Skills
- Health & Safety
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'