Our client is a high profile organization that has an excellent reputation as an employer.
Due to recent changes, the group expects to see growth and increase in activity in the coming years.
This is a senior role in the finance team reporting directly to the Finance Director.
The Forecasting and Planning Accountant’s role will cover the company and its subsidiary and associated companies. You will manage the forecasting for the budgetary management of the existing business, fund development and business planning. You will assist in the co-ordination of business planning and fund development and the line management of colleagues in the finance team. You will support the director of finance and administration in their financial duties including reporting, accounting and fundraising.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· To assist the director of finance and administration in providing professional corporate financial advice to the chief executive and the management team.
· To assist the director of finance and administration in developing future strategies.
· To assist the director of finance and administration in fund raising activities including dealing with the private sector and other funders. This is likely to involve the extensive use of advanced modelling techniques.
· Supporting the product development function with financial expertise and assisting the director of finance and administration to ensure co-ordination of fund development and business planning.
· To assist the director of finance and administration in the production of all accountancy outputs including financial forecast, budgetary information, performance data and written reports for stakeholders, funders and partners.
· To assist in developing the company’s management information systems to meet future requirements.
· To represent the director of finance and administration internally or externally as required.
· Assisting the director of finance and administration to maintain appropriate and effective financial controls and systems.
· Line management of members of the finance team.
· Carrying out or managing specific projects at the direction of the director of finance and administration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
· Experience of financial modelling and forecasting using Excel or another industry standard tool
· IT/PC literate with good ability to use Microsoft Office suite of products
· Attention to detail
· Strong customer focus
· Planning and co-ordinating skills
· Up to date knowledge of technical and tax issues
· Awareness of issues relating to the financial sector and associated reporting requirements
· Experience of report writing
· Recognised UK accountancy qualification
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team