Forecast Analyst (Sunlight House)
At Rentalcars, we’re on a mission to help people discover and do more. Putting the customer back in control, giving them maximum choice, great value, total transparency, and customer service that really cares.
Today, there are three members of the Rentalcars family.
Rentalcars.com: The world’s biggest online car rental service, with over 1,500 colleagues speaking 42 languages, empowering travellers at 50,000+ locations worldwide.
Rideways: Finding the best way for each customer to get from A to B, in pre-booked taxis and chauffeur-driven cars.
Rentalcars Connect: Bringing the magic of Rentalcars.com and Rideways to partners’ sites, so customers enjoy a seamless booking experience through brands they already know and love.
Our aim is to be everyone’s first choice in ground transport. Delivering market-leading choice, value, transparency and service, wherever they are and wherever they need to go.
We’re part of The Priceline Group, the world leader in online travel and related services, along with Booking.com, priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable. We’re looking for candidates to join us for a full-time position (37.5 hours weekly) You'll be working in one of the coolest (due to be the most talked about office environment in the UK) having undergone a state of the art refurbishment.
Reporting into our Head of Resource Planning, this is an impeccable career opportunity for someone who can deliver management information solutions and actionable business analysis that enable delivery of service targets across the contact centres with the required skill set.
Working between RP & CS Analytics we’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Forecast Analyst to join our Resource Planning function. The Resource Planning function manage demands and capacity through forecasting, resource scheduling, real-time service performance management.
As part of the role you will be responsible for analysing large amounts of data, developing and maintaining a statistical forecasting models alongside the WFM forecasting system (Teleopti). The successful candidate will be responsible for providing insights on actual performance and use this analysis to build recommendations around future performance. He/she should also be prepared to challenge where planned performance is not executed so that clear understanding of variation exists.
We do this by:
- Tracking trends in actual volumes against forecast
- Updating and maintaining the Teleopti system whilst creating and sustaining parallel forecasting models to achieve optimal results/forecast accuracy.
- Expanding the company’s statistical methodology toolbox and improving the company’s problem solving architecture though focused research into mathematical and behavioural science topics
- Statistical or analytic experience from an academic or professional background
- Experience of formal statistical methodologies, including knowledge of one or more of the following: logistic regression, generalised linear models, categorical data analyses and regression models
- Working with analysts and business partners to question and analyse data, providing insight and recommendations to aid business decisions.
- Developing and innovating the department’s datasets, working with stakeholders to build proof of concepts and liaising with the central MIS function to put into production.
- Reviewing legacy reports and data sets, looking to improve, automate and simplify.
- Investigating and seeking to resolve any identified data integrity issues, providing feedback to the source of the issues.
Expertise we need:
- Displays sound judgement, objectivity, strong commercial awareness & customer focus
- Tailors communication style to present complex ideas
- Uses a range of techniques to influence & challenge business decisions
- Experience in software including MS Office, WFM Systems
- Experience in a BI, MI or Commercial Insight/Analytics role.
- Experience with using interactive reports/dashboards (SSRS, Power BI)
- (VBA, database tools / SQL statistical modelling packages such as SAS, R or Python) Preferable
- An understanding of relational database structures, data warehousing and demonstrable experience working with large data sets advantageous
- Natural ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions and communicate in a non-technical format to other areas of the business.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Maintain high standard of performance and strong work ethic.
- Ability to prioritise and adhere to deadlines.
- A strong team player with a commitment to delivering a high level of internal customer service.
- Customer Service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job