I have a new role available for our successful client who are based in Bishop’s Stortford.
This is a great prospect and a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established and thriving company, who are looking for a Junior Footwear Technologist to join their team due to recent growth.
The successful candidate will need to have a demonstrable background in this field, be self-motivated and have the ability to work on your own initiative.
Main duties and areas of responsibility
- You will be up to date on current footwear legislation and be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of footwear construction together with good manufacturing knowledge.
- Work from design concept through to delivery into stores.
- Improve efficiency, quality and keep up to date on footwear standards.
- Provide technical and development support to designers and buyers.
- Create technical specs and work with overseas suppliers.
- Manage fit sessions and relay fit comments back to factories and suppliers.
- Advise on construction, fit, development and materials.
- Manage the approval and sealing process.
- Update and maintain the technical manuals as well as requesting and managing test reports.
- Work with warehouse QC team to ensure quality is acceptable to approved technical standards.
- Weekly travel within the UK may be required.
- Previous experience within a similar role beneficial but not essential.
- Highly organised with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Have excellent IT skills using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- 20 days holiday per year plus all bank holidays and closure between Christmas and New Year.
If you have the relevant skills and experience for this role, please apply.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'