Food Technology Teacher Required in St Helens.
This secondary school with a fantastic reputation in the local area is recruiting for a Food Technology Teacher from September 2018 on a long term basis and so applications need to be prompt.
You will be responsible for teaching Food Technology up to key stage 4, planning, preparing and marking work, ensure that the pupils are on track to hit their projected grades and preparing them for exams, your Main Responsibilities will include
* Teaching and coordinating Food Technology up to GCSE Level
* Promote Food Technology as a subject throughout the school through creative and interesting lessons and subject delivery.
* Assist with producing and implementing schemes of work in line with the national curriculum
* Report writing and ensure that all deadlines are met in line with the schools targets.
* Responsibility for ensuring that you are adhering to the schools Health and Safety policies and that all equipment is used correctly.
* Attend and chair departmental meetings.
* Prepare ingredients and maintain equipment to ensure that practical lessons are completed safely and effectively within the given time.
* Ensure relevant homework is set and marked providing the students with a meaningful feedback.
The school strongly believes that every student has the right to learn and to achieve in a safe, caring environment. They have a strong discipline policy which incorporates a consequence system and ensures good behaviour is rewarded. The School has a real commitment to student achievement, providing the right environment to develop confidence and self esteem and promote positive learning throughout the whole school.
The School offers a wide curriculum supported by a large number of extra-curricular activities to ensure that each student has the opportunity to achieve their potential.
If this is the role for you please apply online now.
Randstad Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and require all applicants to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job