At Air Products, we've been helping our customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for more than 70 years. With our atmospheric, process and speciality gases, performance materials, equipment and technologies, we supply innovative solutions to energy, environmental and emerging markets around the world.
We are currently recruiting for a Food Technology Engineer to become part of a successful innovation team based in Basingstoke. You will play a key role in generating and developing new cryogenic-food technology applications for Air Products World-Wide, through innovative laboratory and field research and development. You will work with the marketing and commercial development teams and directly with customers to identify needs and possible solutions. New innovative technologies will then be constructed in the lab or at the customer site to develop, demonstrate and commercialise the technology.
As a Food Technology Engineer, you will Develop new and improved applications to a level ready for commercial launch, creating new business opportunity and superior market position, through:
* Understanding and solving of customer requirements and technical problems.
* Selecting the best technical solutions for the customer requirements.
* Developing new ideas by capturing customer and industry needs.
* Design and specification of new equipment and processes.
* Trials and demonstrations at customer sites and within the laboratory.
* Commissioning and validation of developed equipment.
* Provide technical consultancy and training to the technical sales function, to assist with the evaluation of customer ideas, introduction of new technology, and maintenance of key customer accounts.
* Chemical, Mechanical Engineering or Food Science background.
* Proven Industry Experience: Food production operations, process control and integration.
* Experience of formulating laboratory and field research trials.
* Good communication skills at all levels.
* High degree of flexibility and ready to travel in Europe.
* An additional language would be beneficial.
We need dedicated and driven people who are committed to getting it right with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and contribute. In return, we offer a culture of respect, challenge and innovation - with excellent opportunities for growth and development. If that sounds interesting, then come and discover, care, accomplish and thrive at Air Products.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job