Food Technologist - Food Safety & Quality
Location: Normanton, West Yorkshire
Salary: £27K - £30K, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Reporting to the Technical Manager, role will be of interest to candidates who are passionate about food safety and quality and who wish to build their career within this discipline.
The successful applicant will have a good level of IT and organisational skills, good time keeping, work well in a team but also as an individual, and have excellent communications skills which are vital to the role.
Working with the Technical team you will oversee Product Specifications and ensure that they are completed within the necessary deadlines as well as ensuring legal compliance. The role will also involve investigating customer complaints to establish any failures within the manufacturing process to ensure that any issues can be addressed in the short and longer term.
You will support the Technical Manager in maintaining product quality, safety and legality throughout the business by ensuring procedures within the company are followed. Monitor safety, legality and quality issues relating to raw material, WIP and finished goods in production manage internal audits, technical testing and non-conformances and assist in the control of suppliers.
- Must demonstrate drive and passion for food.
- Demonstrate resilience, be enthusiastic and motivated with a "can do will do" approach
- Must lead by example, enjoy work and encourage others to do the same.
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder with junior staff, external clients, regulators, suppliers and management peers.
- Highly organised with the ability to organise others
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexible approach demonstrating the ability to multitask
- Strong influencing skills
Skills and Experience
- Excellent Excel and typographical skills
- Relevant degree in Food or related subject
- Good working knowledge of all accreditation standards and relevant legislation
- Ability to highlight route cause analysis and communicate prevention methods to Managers
- Trained in food safety and hazard analysis
- Knowledge and aware of HACCP, BRC, KPI's and GMP's
- Ability to self manage workload and the workload of others
Computer literate: Word and Excel.
Interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
Able to liaise across different departments and/or customers.
Self-motivated, flexible, detail conscious, specifically a keen eye for detail
So if you are looking to develop your career within a fast moving business and you have the skills and experience we require we will be delighted to receive your application.
Forza Foods Ltd started in 2006 since when our turnover has grown to circa £300m per annum and we employ 1,200 at our state of the art operation in Normanton. We slice and pack cooked meats for ASDA. We are dynamic, driven and totally focussed on satisfying our customer from start to finish; from innovative product development right through to consumer feedback and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join us.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and cover letter for consideration.
Keywords: Food Safety, Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Quality Compliance, Technical Graduate, Quality and Food Safety, QA, Technologist, Quality Auditor, Technical Systems, Technical Assistant, Quality Systems, HACCP, Food Technology, Graduate, Apprenticeship, Trainee, Food Studies & Nutrition
- Food Quality
- Food Safety
- Food Technologist
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'