At Provident, We Drive, We Engage, We Connect - Together We Make Life Better
LinkedIn Apply - You can apply for this role using your LinkedIn profile.
Provident Home Credit is part of Provident Financial Group, a FTSE250 established in 1880. We are a rapidly expanding and changing business and over the past 2 years, we have seen a transformation through digitalisation and rapid growth. We are still the friendly face of finance and loans though, and we are proud of the foundations PFG has built for over 130 years, by making millions of lives better by lending manageable amounts of money with simple, transparent repayment plans to our customers.
We want to grow our company and stand out from the crowd…
How do we do this?
With the right people joining us on our journey. All you need to bring are the same qualities that have served us so well since 1880: honesty, trust, understanding, a strong work ethic and ambition to match.
We are committed to providing fantastic opportunities for your development and the freedom to voice your ideas and see processes, plans and strategies being formed and implemented from them.
We are very excited about our future and the roadmap ahead of us.
Interested? Read on
We have a great opportunity for a Food service assistant. Your main role will be to perform a number of duties in the staff restaurant and cafe pod. This includes serving customers with hot food and beverages, food preparation , cashless till operation, stocking up the area ready for service, filling and cleaning vending machines. You will also complete a number of administration tasks and ad-hoc duties to ensure compliance with legislation and the smooth running of the FOH operation. There will occasionally be the task to perform other duties in the catering department such as using the manual feed dishwasher, food preparation and preparing rooms and trolleys for hospitality service.
Doing the right thing for our Customers
- Ensure our customers are at the heart of everything we do and our actions enhance our customer relationship
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Ensure work is delivered in line with agreed targets
Delivering our numbers
- Responsible for the delivery of individual and team objectives
- Serve customers with a range of hot and cold food and beverages, using filter coffee machine and food blenders; using an cashless till system
- To serve on the counters at breakfast and lunchtime - involves bending, lifting and carrying food items and kitchen implements
- To replenish the fridges, food counters and confectionary stands ready for service, this involves bending, lifting and carrying
- Clean and fill the vending machines, balance vending machine stock sheets.
- Help plan and execute theme days
Managing our risks
- Take temperature of food and storage equipment and record on the HACCP documentation
- Check deliveries ensuring accurate against the invoice and report any variances
- Complete HACCP and waste forms, reporting any abnormalities to the Head Chef/FOH Team Leader
- Open and close the server areas ensuring the security of the premises
- Perform tasks on the cashless till
- Complete monthly stock take
- To clean and tidy the restaurant and server areas includes bending and stretching
- Internal Customers
- Tenants and Group Companies
- Customer service skills
- Food Preparation & handling
- Organised and ability to work at speed
- Perform a manual job that requires lifting, carrying, bending and stretching
- Hospitality experience
- Vending experience
- PC, mathematical and administration skills
- Basic hygiene
- Customer service training
- Manual handling
- Intermediate hygiene
- Basic HACCP
- Customer service NVQ