Food Quality & Safety Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for someone with experience in and a strong passion for food safety and quality. As our Food Quality & Safety Manager, you'll have a thorough approach to compliance with UK legislation's and a keen eye for finding and implementing improvements to our food safety management systems and food labeling, particularly for allergies and intolerance's. In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer flexible working, a great work/life balance and opportunities for professional growth and development.What it's like to work here
We’re bigger than you think, we’re more complicated than we appear and we’re larger scale than you’d imagine. We’ve got passionate people in all our teams, and we’ve got so much more we want to achieve. We’re for ever, for everyone and we really mean that. We don’t want to stop at 5.5 million members and we want everyone to feel welcome and enjoy access to our places, so we need to reach new audiences in ways that are meaningful and relevant to them without losing the hearts and minds of those that are already with us.
Our central head office, Heelis, is situated in Swindon, Wiltshire. We're well placed, with ample parking nearby, a shopping outlet with plenty of options for places to eat, and the town centre only a 10 minute walk away. Alternatively you can enjoy our open plan atrium space for lunch times, with our internal café available every day.What you'll be doing
You'll be developing, reviewing, updating and communicating operational standards used by teams across 350+ Food and Beverage outlets managed by both the National Trust and third parties. You'll take the lead in the day to day management of relationships with external bodies such as Environmental Health and our Food Safety Consultants. And you'll proactively protect the reputation of National Trust by reporting on compliance to operational standards working with operators, consultants, and central functions to mitigate risk in our food and beverage business.Who we're looking for
- Understandingof food safety management systems, HACCP principles andCOSHH.
- Knowledge of UK legislation applicable to foodservice operations.
- Knowledge of food labeling conventions,especially for allergies and intolerance's.
- Demonstrableexperience of developing successful frameworks and processes (relating to foodsafety) in a complex national organisation.
- Strongexperience of influencing internal and external stakeholders at various levelsand of building effective relationships.
- Strong commercialacumen, demonstrable understanding and competency in budgeting, forecasting,portfolio management and margin management.
- Ability tointerrogate and interpret diverse information and data sources and reachappropriate conclusions and to present this to businessusers.
- Strong communication and presentationskills.
- Ability to drive change, think creatively and tohandle multiple priorities.
- Food Safety Level 3 orabove.
Benefits include flexible working whenever possible plus free parking at most locations. You’ll be entitled to discounts in high street stores and cinemas, National Trust shops and NT cafes, and have free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18).
Your health and wellbeing is important to us and is supported through generous annual leave and the option to buy additional days (minimum contract length applies), a cycle to work scheme, subsidised health cash plan and confidential access to a free support service 24 hours a day should you need it.
Your future financial health is helped by an employer matched - up to 10% of basic salary - contributory pension scheme and you can further your career with training and development tailored to you.
All of this and the opportunity to give something back to your community with up to 5 days of paid volunteering per year!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'