Food Import Coordinator
£25,000 ~£30,000 per annum
Leading Oriental food company based in North London is seeking for Import Coordinator
- Check shipping line freight rates monthly, negotiating competitive prices and also verifying correct rates with each container.
- Obtain and check necessary shipping documents from suppliers for forthcoming purchase orders.
- Provide shipping documents to forwarders, no later than 2 weeks before ETA.
- Receive container schedule from forwarders, update SAP and a shared file accordingly.
- Update SAP with accurate shipping details such as quantity loaded and BBD.
- Get the bills of exchange signed by directors and send them back to the bank
- Issue Cost Work Sheet
- Input landed cost and AP invoice into SAP
- Report to buyers if extra charges have occurred, such as rent or exam fee.
- File the paperwork (purchase orders, shipping documents, delivery notes, etc)
- File and save import documents
- Apply rice and flour licence.
- Raise payment request forms for each PO.
- Post samples to suppliers.
- Support buyers for various issues.
- Ad hoc tasks
- Bachelor degree preferred, but not necessary
- Excel, Word, SAP.
- Native or fluent in English, plus Japanese, Korean, Chinese, or Vietnamese is an advantage.
- Experience in shipping lines or forwarding agencies is an advantage.
- Work experience in Importing & Exporting is an advantage
- Work experience in HMRC, Port Health, is an advantage.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'