Food Hall Manager
Competitive Rates of Pay
Flexible Weekly Rotas of shifts Monday through to Sunday
Our Client is setting a new benchmark by combining local produce and a table service restaurant with an exciting plant and gift offering. Our Client is distinct from virtually all competitors thanks to its focus on four key areas:
- Table service restaurant
- Fresh and locally sourced produce
- High quality plants
- Quality and unique gifts
Duties and Responsibilities of Role:
As Food Hall Manager you will be an integral part of the store's management team. Day to day the role will involve the leadership and motivation of your team to provide the highest standard of customer service and merchandising, as well as supporting with the effective sourcing and selection of products.
- To lead, train, motivate and coach members of the food hall department to perform to their best and provide an outstanding customer experience.
- To share product knowledge and selling skills expertise with the team to optimise the team's capability to answer customer queries and to upsell.
- To promote the importance and benefits of effective team working. Demonstrate a positive leadership style with an enthusiastic, positive, committed and flexible attitude.
- To ensure that all paperwork relating to the team and the department is accurately completed to relevant deadlines e.g. due diligence, holiday requests, timesheets, H&S records.
- Recruitment of team members.
- To support team members as required with customer issue resolution - step in, calm and resolve customer queries to bring about a speedy resolution and encourage the customer to buy and return.
- Ensure the team are briefed adequately to run the department in your absence e.g. breaks, day/weekend off and holidays.
- To share targets and objectives with the team, ensuring they recognise the importance of KPI's in relation to business success.
- To ensure the team are briefed adequately to run the department in your absence e.g. days off and holidays.
- To achieve high levels of personal productivity and pace, getting things done quickly, efficiently and to a high standard.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Demonstrable capability as an effective manager in a food retail environment, leading and motivating a team to deliver results
- Experience of ordering fresh produce & groceries, accepting deliveries and controlling wastage
- Knowledge of Age Restricted Products legislation
- Knowledge of food safety legislation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Willingness to contribute fully and flexibly as part of the overall store management team
- Commercial awareness, numeracy skills and experience of working in a target lead environment and delivering to KPI's
- Strong security awareness and understanding of the vulnerability of stock within a retail environment
- Confidence, drive and enthusiasm, with proven ability of working well under pressure
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word and Excel
- Hold a full driving licence
- Experience of sourcing new lines, ideally working with local suppliers
- Duty management experience
- EPOS experience
What Our Client Offers:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Generous staff discount
- Uniform provided
- Free parking
- Friendly and supportive management team
- The opportunity to be part of an exciting new venture with career progression and training opportunities
- Regular rota patterns
- Food Hall Manager