Do you enjoy working as part of a fast paced, passionate team? Do you enjoy helping people and want to provide great customer service? If so, this role could be for you.
This role is an hourly paid, fixed term role. Wherever possible we aim to offer a consistent working pattern, but it may be necessary for us to alter this pattern from time to time to suit the needs of the business.
Internally you'll be known as our Catering Assistant, and this will be reflected on your contract of employment.
What it's like to work here
As the National Trust’s first acquisition, the visitor experience at this Norfolk estate focuses on how and why the Trust began. The team are always looking for hard-working people with a passion for customer service and there are opportunities across the board, particularly within the large catering team. You're likely to need your own car to get here, and the friendly team and vast estate make Blickling one of our most popular tourist destinations.
What you'll be doing
Here at Blickling, we are proud to produce delicious and well-presented food for our three cafes which are open 363 days each year. With your team ethos and positive attitude, you’ll help to ensure an excellent service is provided to every guest that visits our Food & Beverage outlets.
In whatever role you are fulfilling within our catering service, the National Trust values will always be at the forefront of your mind, and you'll be proud to share our good work with our customers. You will look to prepare and serve food to maximise sales, so that the profit can be reinvested back into our conservation work.
Who we're looking for
Our team believe that people deserve more than just 'good service’ but an amazing experience they’ll never forget, and we are looking for like-minded people to join us.
You'll need to be;
- Helpful and friendly with a positive attitude
- Customer focussed with great communication skills
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
- A team player but also have the ability to work on your own initiative
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job