Do you enjoy supervising and leading a talented, enthusiastic, passionate team? Are you a customer focussed individual wanting to provide exceptional customer service? Are you looking for working hours that don’t include late evenings and Christmas Day? If so this role could be for you.
What it's like to work here
Hardwick Hall is one of the most impressive Elizabethan buildings in the country. Celebrated internationally, the committed team works hard to care for the property’s astonishing artefacts, including one of the finest collections of tapestries in Europe. A large-scale project will develop access across the estate, providing links with local trails and Stainsby Mill, one of our portfolio properties. This is a busy, forward-thinking property and the team is looking for engaging people who will enjoy this fast-paced environment.
What you'll be doing
You’ll love leading a small team, and with your passion for food and ability to identify new income opportunities, you’ll assist the Catering Manager to deliver an excellent experience for all our visitors at our special place. Through effective supervision and leadership you will motivate the team of staff and volunteers to work towards a culture of exceptional service and make it a great place to work.
Ensuring the team are competently trained and compliant with relevant legislation, you’ll also make sure every food and drink order is beautifully presented and served with a smile. You’ll work with your team to ensure the outlet is well presented and tables are cleared efficiently.
You’ll be proud to share our valuable work with our customers, and look to contribute new ideas so that we can maximise profit which can be reinvested back into our conservation work.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role you will work with and lead your team, to deliver exceptional customer service with our cause at the forefront of your mind:
You'll need to be;
- Customer focussed with great communication skills both verbal and written
- Passionate about food
- Creative and proactive and love seeking out new opportunities
- An inspirational leader
- Confident supervising teams - rota’s, managing absence, giving feedback
- Aware of Health & Safety compliance requirements
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job