Food & Beverage Manager
Macdonald Food and Beverage Managers play a vital role in delivering a great guest experience to all our guests. They have a keen eye for detail, an organised approach and a willingness to exceed our guest expectation. Often operating on the front line, they are the real ambassadors of our company, and are committed to consistently delivering high standards.
They undertake all Food and Beverage responsibilities, including staff management and training, Health & Safety and overseeing of all food and beverage outlets.Using their outstanding experience and leadership skills they will be working closely with the management team to deliver our core standards and provide our guests with a great stay every time.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To undertake all Food and Beverage responsibilities,including staff management and training, Health & Safety and overseeing of all food and beverage outlets.
GENERIC KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To take pride in everything I do and drive the same standards with my people.
- To ensure that the team consistently deliver outstanding hospitality.
- To anticipate and react to the needs of our guests and give my team the autonomy to do the same.
- To be an ambassador for the Macdonald Brand.
- To take ownership for my personal development and performance.
- To recruit, lead and develop the overall effectiveness and performance of my team.
- To consistently deliver Macdonald core standards which are relevant to my department.
- To maintain a safe and clean environment.
- To take responsibility for understanding our company products and services.
- To proactively look for ways to improve or enhance the guest experience.
- To use feedback to improve my own personal performance, the performance of my team and my department, whilst activity encouraging feedback from others.
- To give my full to support to company initiatives.
- To complete and deliver training (including statutory) in line with company policy and procedures.
- To follow all processes assigned to my role ensuring full compliance.
- To identify any barriers or challenges which may prevent me or my team from delivering on agreed processes.
- To take responsibility for keeping up to date with any changes in my department and take responsibility for communicating them to my team.
- Complete risk assessments to ensure department compliancy.
- To have an understanding and be able to control operational costs related to the performance of my department.
- To look for ways to protect the profit of the organisation without compromising the guest experience.
- To lead department objectives and ensure all sales opportunities are exploited (OWS).
- To promote the products and services to our guests at every opportunity.
- Ensure my team can spot and act on every opportunity for sales.
- To act upon any reasonable instructions from management as pertains to my job responsibilities.
JOB SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To develop, motivate and support your team so as to ensure that all company and department objectives and standards are met.
- To achieve food and beverage revenue targets and profit conversions.
- To ensure that all invoices are processed on a weekly basis and that all purchase orders are agreed and signed by the General Manager before the orders are placed.
- To plan and manage staffing levels effectively in accordance with the hotel’s occupancy, events, forecasts and budget.
- To achieve budgeted margins for liquor and ensure that all security and accounting procedures are implemented, monitored, maintained and shortages acted upon.
- To monitor and evaluate purchase requests in line with budget.
- To ensure that all food and beverage staff are trained on product knowledge: food and wine specifications.
- To professionally address any queries from guests.
- To ensure that all Food and Beverage outlets exceed service standards and achieve budget.
- To monitor the quality of MISE : set up for different service levels and ensure that the correct service standards are adhered to.
- To participate in all menu changes including assisting and managing with costs management.
- To maintain and update the Food & Beverage point of sales and deal with any operational changes.
- To be able to cover DM and Weekend Manager Shifts.
- To drive Team performance, engaging the Team to achieve revenue targets and budget productivity targets.
- To provide and effectively communicate clear direction to the team especially during peak business.
- To manage poor performance or non adherence to company / statutory health and safety standards through he appropriate training or disciplinary action.
- To effectively recruit, select and manage team members who meet the current and future needs of your department and the hotel.
- To ensure weekly meetings are carried out in all departments under your control to ensure effective communication.
- To ensure that all team members are up to date regarding events, company activities and objectives.
- To keep updated on Health and Safety and Food Hygiene legislation. Implement required policy adjustments.
- To comply and implement all statutory requirements regarding fire, health and safety and food hygiene so as to ensure the well -being of yourself, guests and all hotel Team.
- To continually develop the quality and maintain standards in line with the brand standards of Macdonald Hotels.
- Drive total compliance of all legislation pertaining to food handling and food safety in line with PSN & EHO.
- Promote the respect of the staff and management by understanding problems, showing the correct support and providing solutions. To drive the best possible standards to the agreed budgets.
- The recruitment and selection of new employees carried out effectively in accordance with company procedures and best practices and in line with wage budgets and manpower plans.
- Provide constructive feedback to Team on hotels standards and service delivery.
- Support & Guide Team Members on all company operational expectations and standards.
- Provide training & Support for brand standards and Team Member development.
- Make sure that all Team Members have the correct Macdonald’s uniform on at all times.
- Ensure all new Team have a uniform ordered ready for start date.
- Support your Team on the practical delivery of food & drink whenever required to do so.
- Ensure you provide a programme of basic core training for all members of your Team especially new start
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job