Food & Beverage Assistant
As a Food and Beverage Assistant you’ll be at the heart of busy restaurant life. No two days are ever the same - from breakfast, lunch and dinner to evening room service, we offer round the clock service to satisfy appetites. Being in a customer-facing role means being on show: we want you to look smart and exude confidence so our guests feel they’re in safe hands. It’s a great role for meeting people, so good communication skills and a genuine interest in guest conversation will help to boost your job satisfaction, as well as quietly securing repeat business.
The Food and Beverage Assistant’s roles encompass everything from delivering room service to preparing and serving in one of our many restaurants or bars. A customer facing role means being on show - so smart appearance is important along with a warm welcoming smile as you make our guests feel comfortable and relaxed.
At Macdonald Hotels, our people are the key to the Company’s success and our guest’s satisfaction. As well as being confident and approachable, commitment, enthusiasm and energy are essential along with excellent communication skills which will enable you to interact with guests, interpret and act on their needs and liaise with others in your team.
Our Food and Beverage Assistants are hardworking individuals who can work on their own initiative and are key players in Food and Beverage teams.
This role is ideal for those who have experience of working in customer facing roles within the hospitality sector. However, we are able to provide training for individuals with quality customer service experience, who are able to display a willingness to learn and a commitment to helping us to deliver our core standards and provide our guests with a great experience every time.
This position will include shifts working Saturday and/ or Sunday. Additional hours may be required to support the hotel during our busier periods including bank holidays.
To ensure that guests who visit any Food and Beverage departments are delivered optimum service, by going the extra mile
GENERIC KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To take pride in everything I do.
- To consistently deliver outstanding hospitality.
- To anticipate and react to the needs of our guests
- To be an ambassador for the Macdonald Brand
- To take ownership for my personal development and performance
- To contribute to the overall effectiveness and performance of my team
- To consistently deliver Macdonald core standards which are relevant to my role
- To maintain a safe and clean environment
- To take responsibility for understanding our products and services
- To proactively look for ways to improve or enhance the guest experience
- To use feedback to improve my personal performance whilst activity encouraging feedback from others
- To give my full to support to company initiatives
- To complete and act upon training (including statutory) in line with company policy and procedures
- To follow all processes assigned to my role ensuring full compliance
- To identify any barriers or challenges which may prevent me from delivering on agreed processes
- To take responsibility for keeping up to date with any changes in my department
- To have an awareness and understanding of operational costs related to the performance of my job role
- To look for ways to protect the profit of the organisation without compromising the guest experience
- Be aware of department objectives and ensure all sales opportunities are exploited (OWS)
- To promote the products and services to our guest at every opportunity
- Spot and act on every opportunity for sales
- To act upon any reasonable instructions from management as pertains to my job responsibilities
JOB SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To have a full and up to date knowledge of all hotel products and services. And show confidence in making recommendations
- To ensure food and beverage are clean and ready for service at all times
- Provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere to all Guests
- To provide an efficient and friendly table service where applicable.
- To maximise selling opportunities by adding customer value at every opportunity.
- To handle complaints promptly and professionally.
- To demonstrate a working knowledge of fire prevention and to follow the hotel evacuation plan on hearing the alarm.
- To be security conscious with respect to guests/staff/hotel/ property/welfare and to report suspicious circumstances to GSM/DM.
- To maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming at all times and to ensure designated uniform is worn at all times, by self and team.
- To co-operate and communicate with colleagues, and Management to ensure effective department teamwork and high morale.
- To attend any meetings, training sessions or courses that may be beneficial to you and your department.
- To follow any procedures set up for energy conservation.
- In accordance with Macdonald Hotel’s core standards define the minimum standards that should apply to all areas of the Food and Beverage Service operations, and to ensure that they are consistently maintained.
- To actively promote a customer focused approach within the Food and Beverage Department, leading by example
- To create a team environment maintaining a high level of motivation and commitment within the department.
- To ensure effective communication between all departments within the hotel.
- To conduct stock takes with the Restaurant and Bar Manager and investigate any anomalies
- To ensure security of all stock and equipment.
- To ensure that the all food and beverage service areas and equipment is maintained in a clean, hygienic and safe condition, reporting any faults to maintenance.
- To comply with all regulations within Macdonald Hotels Food Safety Policy and Health and Safety Policy manual.
- To ensure effective communication within the team by holding regular briefing sessions and attending meetings when required.
- To ensure expenditure is controlled in accordance with guidelines and within budget.
- To ensure that all items/materials purchased are strictly controlled financially in order to maximise profits in order to achieve departmental budgets.
- To input all items requested onto Micros, present correct billing and take payment correctly
- To be proactive in selling and up serving, demonstrating being the value of being obsessed with sales
- Have total awareness and understanding of H&S and food hygiene procedures relating to all F&B departments.
- Thorough knowledge of legalities o selling alcohol and licensing rules.
- To undertake any other d
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job