Within Newstaff we are currently seeking a Food and Beverage Assistant managfer to work within one of our well established hotel in the MK44 area. With the building being around since 1983 there is a strong historic background of the business. The role of offer is on a full time permanent basis with the opportunity to prgress within the business as they try to do the same to become a top leisure envistronment for customers to visit.
Due to the standard of the business you will need some sort of Rosette experience.
Duties of the Assistant Food and Beverage manager will involve;
- To ensure the ambience of the food & beverage operation is in line with that expected within a four star hotel environment
- To serve and actively participate in the development of the menus, ensuring the teams are well briefed on how to discuss these with the customers.
- To develop profitable business by motivating the team to maximize sales using incentives, training and Standard Operating Procedures and up-selling.
- To work with the Food & Beverage Manager and Deputy Food & Beverage Manager to ensure training of all members of the Food & Beverage team is carried out and 2 mini training sessions occur each day within the food & beverage operation
- To ensure there is always compliance with all licensing laws and our 'Challenge 25 policy'.
- To manage the teams efficiently through effective use of rotas, utilizing staff from the F&B Team rota when needed; ensuring there is never a drop-in service levels; ensuring compliance with employee contracts and Working Times Regulations, as required.
- To ensure the teams are engaged and have a focus on performance standards and customer care, through observations, training and development and performance management.
- To be a role model for the F&B staff in handling any customer service issues or complaints efficiently and effectively so that the team are trained and empowered to handle all aspects of customer service confidently.
- To ensure that the company's standards of presentation and uniform and name badge are achieved at all times.
- To liaise with the chef in charge to ensure that food appearance and presentation is maintained throughout service periods in the restaurant.
- To regularly monitor food hygiene to ensure that the standard achieved by staff within the catering and bar operations are in line with company standards, which includes staff training and processes and also cleaning of the areas and the filling in of the daily and weekly job sheets.
- To maintain individual and team performance standards, using the full range of improvement interventions e.g. coaching, counselling etc. where necessary reporting possible disciplinary action that may be needed.
- To ensure daily briefings before service are held that cover: guests, menus, job allocations and current promotions.
- To communicate with the Food & Beverage Manager and participate in the development of innovative efficiencies and concepts
- To actively highlight areas for training and take an active role in the training and coaching of the F&B Team to guarantee standards are maintained and further developed.
- To aid the Food & Beverage Manager in ensuring the teams are engaged and have a focus on performance standards and customer care, through observations, training and development and performance management.
- To successfully run functions by liaising with organisers to exceed their expectations of service and through properly briefed, organised and managed staff
- Work alongside the Food & Beverage Manager to constantly improve standards and show a united management team to the F&B staff
- To have an active involvement in coaching, counselling etc. and where necessary being involved in taking disciplinary action where appropriate.
- In the absence of the Food & Beverage Manager manage, organise and motivate operational staff to ensure services are ready as per client requests and function sheets.
- To check that all staff are dressed in accordance with company standards.
- To ensure a smooth and accurate handover from one shift to another using the email format
- To identify breakdowns and equipment malfunctions and report them on V1 to the Maintenance team for action.
- Alongside the Restaurant & Bar Manager, organize and run monthly departmental meetings using prescribed agenda and minute formats to ensure the teams are well informed about company, departmental and operational issues; to discuss customer feedback; to give opportunities for feedback and suggestions to be received.
- To support the recruitment of staff as required, working with HR and the Food & Beverage Manager to ensure good and effective interviewing is carried out.
- To ensure all new staff are integrated well into the team and trained in order that they can be up to speed as soon as possible and are fully aware of what is required to deliver excellent customer care.
- To support the Food & Beverage Manager to specify and organize, using the Company's Performance Development Programme (PDP), the training of all relevant reporting staff on the correct methods of working, customer service standards, systems and procedures and relevant current statutory regulations.
- To ensure that all training is recorded on the individual's training file held by HR.
- To assist the Food & Beverage Manager in managing staffing costs and ensure that accurate records are kept of basic hours, absenteeism, sic
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'