Food Allergen Scientist
£22,000 - £30,000
This role is an opportunity to join the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department of a Food Testing and Manufacturing company.
I am currently recruiting for a Food Allergen Principal Scientist, in this position you will be reporting to the Biochemistry Section Manager and you’ll be responsible for the management of research projects in the area of food allergen testing. You will also be liaising with clients in the food allergens section and will be expected to answer any technical enquiries from clients or colleagues as well as reporting results.
Further responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Give advice and training to staff in food allergen department
- Develop new business for the company in the area of food allergens
- Write procedures and methods for food allergen testing within the Biochemistry department
- Candidate must have a minimum of an honours degree in Biochemistry or a related science, PhD is preferable
- At least 3 years experience working in food allergen testing
- Experience using ELISA, DNA based tests (PCR/RFLP), mass spectrometry, fluorimetry or oxitests.
- Exposure and knowledge of ISO9000 or ISO17025
- Experience of project management is essential
- Analytical Biochemistry
- Food Science
- Food Allergens