Multi skilled Engineer -electrical bias
Shiftshifts are 4 on 4 off 12 hours - rotating days and nights. (one week days / one week nights etc. )
To cover all aspects of Engineering Maintenance within the companies operation.
To maintain and improve the equipment performance and maximise product output whilst maintaining product safety.
To carry out project work as directed by the Engineering Supervisor and/or Operations Director.
• To support the operation by responding effectively to equipment breakdowns, carrying out scheduled maintenance work and being proactive on the correction and modification of reoccurring machine processing faults.
• To respond effectively to equipment breakdowns and ensure maximum focus is given to their nominated production area.
• To fault find in an effective and efficient manner whilst utilising the various machines historic / information documentation.
• To establish harmonious relations with the operational staff and to work flexibly with them.
• Ensure that machinery is maintained, and repaired to a high standard.
• Pro-active in the reduction of engineering downtime and continuous improvement of the process and the department.
• Carry out ad hoc engineering project work.
• Other relevant ad hoc duties as required from time to time.
• Relevant experience within a FMCG/food processing/ manufacturing environment
• Engineering/Electrical qualification with solid work based experience
• Turning, milling and fabricating experience
• Strong understanding of H&S
• Understanding of engineering and operational KPI’s
• Ability to identify areas for improvement
• PLC Fault finding/diagnostic skills • HACCP
• Pneumatics & hydraulics skills
• Electrical test and inspection trained
• Welding trained
• PLC trained
• Breathing apparatus and confined spaces qualified
• H&S Level 2 or equivalent
Personal Skills •
• Keen attitude
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Proactive approach to maintenance
Other • Flexibility
• Able to carry out a reasonable amount of overtime to cover absence/holidays
• Willing to continuously develop skills, knowledge and experience and undertake training
- Continuous Improvement
- Electrical Engineering
- PLC Programming
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job