FLT & Materials handlerSAP
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, are currently seeking 2 x SAP FLT Warehouse Operatives, based in Purfleet, Essex (RM19). This is a full time temporary role for an ongoing period, working either days equalling a 40 hour week paying £10.56 per hour (£21964 PA) . OR a 12 hour rotational shift paying £13.93 per hour based on a 40 hour week (28977 PA)
Involved in the inload and outload of material and product from the factory. This includes the movement and accounting of material into and out of the warehouse (inbound/outbound operations) and from the end of line to the point of factory outload.
The Logistics Operator requires a working knowledge of SAP systems for their area of use, as well as current licenses for all Fork Lift Truck types and related handling equipment. He/she must be able to conduct manual handling of loads safely and are required to support warehouse and area cleaning. He/she will support the continuous improvement of factory logistic operations.
The Logistics Operator need to be trained in the mandated health and safety procedures .
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
- Generate movement documentation to ensure full traceability and reporting.
- Build pallets and orders as directed to support successful order fulfilment.
- Stock process - handles delivery, sorting and stock movements where required.
- Work accurately to control warehouse inventory at acceptable levels.
- Analyse material movements to locate parts, serial number, and quantity change.
- Pack parts when required, perform inventory count and stock material in the appropriate locations.
- Efficiently load/unload trucks, bulk rigs and transports with a forklift.
- Assist the daily housekeeping and basic maintenance of the warehouse and logistics area/equipment's.
- Safety - Working knowledge of the workplace and the hazards within it.
- Environment - Reduce costs due to waste and minimise impact to health, safety
- Quality - Performs receiving quality inspections as required by policy.
- Continuous Improvement - Knowledge and understanding of the key principles of WCM and an awareness of the tools used to identify and prioritise losses in the logistics area and eliminate them; role requires data collection. Monitor measures and performance after initial improvements and take further action as required.
Teamwork - Must be a good team player.
- Fork lift truck license and material handling qualification.
- Can maintain focus and discipline for the task whilst demonstrating good problem solving skills to protect targets.
- IT Skills - Competent in the use of logistics data and control systems that record Material Movement, Losses and Quality. Must also be competent in the use of Microsoft Office; Excel and Word programmes.
PREFERRED / DESIRABLE:
- Experience in Logistics
Experience of manufacturing in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"