Zest Scientific is looking to identify an experienced Flow Cytometry Scientist to fulfill the role of Senior Technical Specialist for a leading organisation in Cambridegshire. The Senior Technical Specialist (Flow Cytometry) will provide expert technical and scientific input into assay design, troubleshooting problematic assays and provide technical support to sales enquiries.
- To provide technical and scientific support to Sales regarding enquiries and costing of studies.
- To assist in obtaining new business and be involved in Sponsor meetings and inspections.
- Evaluate new Flow Cytometry instrumentation and technology for implementation in the department to ensure current services remain competitive.
- Take a lead role in sourcing, validating and the implementation of new Flow Cytometry technology.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of scientific developments.
- Identify with Sales and Translational Sciences, novel assays to be developed for effective competition within the market place.
- To be proficient in the conduct of validation studies.
- To conduct, supervise and monitor the development or improvement of analytical methods with focus on Flow Cytometry.
- To be proficient in trouble shooting and problem solving of methods.
- To critically review study data and tabulate for reporting as required.
- Liaise with Translational Sciences and toxicologists for the suitability of assays and with the final interpretation of data for input into study reports.
- To train analytical staff in Flow Cytomtery including theory of analysis and use of instrumentation.
- To perform all studies within the guidelines of the study protocols, SOPs and in compliance with the principles of GLP/GCP.
- To be competent in study/laboratory-related activities, checks and record keeping.
- Liaise on a day-to-day basis with Team Leaders, Study Managers, other Technical Specialists and Translational Sciences where appropriate to effectively plan work and maintain time lines.
- Critically evaluate Flow Cytometry procedures ensuring quality, scientific integrity and regulatory compliance are maintained.
- To be recognised internally as an expert in Flow Cytomtery and knowledgeable in a number of new technologies.
- Providing expert advice on analytical methods, results and problem resolution of technical and scientific issues to Study Managers, internal toxicology customers and Sponsors.
- Represent the department in Client meetings and at scientific meetings/symposia/conferences as required.
- Life Sciences Degree
- Fully competent with both Beckman Coulter and BD Bioscience flow cytometers (FC500 and FACSCanto II)
- Able to analyse and review complex multicolour flow cytometry data (ideally using FCS Express)
- Competent in cell based assays (method development, transfer and validation)
- Previous experience of working to GLP and GCP
- Manage studies as required - to include scheduling work, data analysis and review, report writing
- Be able to liaise with clients to provide technical support, advice, pricing and win new business for the company.
Company and culture:
My client is a World renowned drug development organisation who provide expertise across the scientific community. This is a permanent role with excellent salary and benefits.
- Flow Cytometry
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job