Flood Risk Specialist - Hydraulic Modeller
Your new company
A multi national consultancy with over 50,000 employees. They are recruiting a Flood Risk Specialist with 2 - 8 years experience to be based at either their Manchester or Leeds office.
Your new role
Contribute to the delivery of complex flood risk projects and can work closely within a team of specialists. Contribute to the development of more junior staff and growth of the team. The candidate should have experience of working in the engineering and flood risk sector and some of the hydraulic modelling, hydrology and GIS software that we use.
- Hydraulic modelling of river, sewer or coastal processes and/or
- Flood Estimation Handbook hydrological analysis methods, including the Statistical Analysis method, ReFH and with use of the FEH CD-ROM V3 and WinFAP V3 and must have applied these to a wide range of rural and urban catchments
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues and work co-operatively across functions and business units to deliver joint projects, share information and ideas
- Work closely with senior staff to enable delivery of the wider teams workload
- Manage the delivery of packages of works and be provided training in project management
- Provide technical support of more junior staff and undertake quality assurance reviews
- Mentor support more junior staff to aid in their professional development
What you'll need to succeed
- Masters level qualification in engineering or relevant environmental science
- Experience of working within a team and able to demonstrate good communication skills (verbal and written)
- At least two years experience of hydraulic modelling software packages (ISIS/Flood Modeller/Tuflow/ InfoWorks ICM) and relevant supporting software packages (SMS, MapInfo, ArcGIS and / or QGIS), and/or hydrological analysis including FEH and ReFH
What you'll get in return
A generous basic salary, 23 days holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.