Floating Support Worker
This is a Permanent Floating (Peripatetic) Support Worker role offering an increased rate based in Weymouth.
Do you have experience of supporting people with complex needs/ behaviours that challenge? Are you motivated and a leader of good practice? Do you like supporting a wide range of people? If so this exciting opportunity to join our crisis team could be the role for you!
This is a unique, permanent Support Worker role for Dimensions offering an increased rate (10% responsibility allowance for flexibility required) We currently have 2 full time contracts available. Contracted hours for full time are 37.5 hours, which may include 2 sleep-ins per week when required. In the main shifts will be allocated one month in advance, although the nature of the role may involve some changes to rota’s in order to react quickly to new support packages and service needs.
As a Peripatetic Support Worker your role will involve reporting directly to the Locality Development Manager and providing support to adults with complex care needs in Weymouth.
You will provide a highly skilled, flexible and responsive resource to the region which could arise from business growth or other service specific demands that could arise in complex services.
In return for your flexibility, we offer extensive service specific training in addition to a wide range of mandatory training, including autism awareness, positive behavioural support and active support. Our award winning personal development programme is also available for people who wish to further progress their career in social care.
Due to the geographical coverage, this role will only be suitable for drivers. A Full UK Drivers Licence is essential. Mileage and reasonable travel time is payable.
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019, 2020 and 2021.
- Up to 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Life assurance
- Employee perks include discounted shopping, cinema, holidays and days out
- Full comprehensive training scheme with opportunities to progress your career with qualifications that are nationally recognised
- Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019,2020, 2021
- A full list of benefits can be found in the job description attached
For further information, please contact Nichola Ellison-Bone on
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on or email
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'