Floating Support Team Leader
An exciting opportunity awaits for Floating Support Team Leader as a Charity based in Ladbroke Grove W10 who provides support to vulnerable adults and children across west and central London is currently looking for a Team Leader who will work under the Floating Support Manager providing management and leadership to our Floating Support Team.
They work with adults and children with learning disabilities and or autism, many of whom have complex needs as well as individuals with mental health needs and those affected by the Grenfell Fire disaster.
They work to support everyone to pursue their individual aims and dreams and support each individual to participate in and contribute to their local and the wider community.
Individuals may live independently in the community, with their family or in group homes. Their homecare service is registered with the Care Quality Commission.
They currently provide over 1,000 hours per week of independent living and community support with new referrals each month.
- To ensure each service user has person-centred that aims to support them to live the life they wish and to access and participate in the community
- To foster a network of support approach, engaging professionals, volunteers, carers, advocates, and families in providing a variety of choices, opportunities, experiences and learning to each person.
- To be part of the 24 hour on-call emergency rota, providing support to service users and staff as required.
- To provide effective day to day management and leadership to the Floating Support staff team
- To provide support, supervision, appraisal, and management to the staff in partnership with the Floating Support Manager
- To promote and monitor a person- centred approach on an ongoing basis
- To offer support for individuals in line with their wishes and agreed support risk assessments and learning programmes
- To take a lead in assessing new referrals as directed by the Floating Support Manager. Helping new individuals to plan and move into their accommodation and plan, action and record the support needed. Void management.
- To ensure the safety of all individuals through ensuring up to date DBS registration for all staff and volunteers, ongoing safeguarding training and awareness of adherence to their safeguarding policy and procedures and national legislation
- To manage the budget for the service, monitoring spending and reporting appropriately.
- To coordinate benefit claims and check individuals receive the benefits to which they are entitled
- To liaise with the Finance Officer over rents and arrears, petty cash and individuals’ money monitoring and recording
- In partnership with the Floating Support Manager to lead team meetings and to build and maintain a positive teamwork approach with other managers and staff across the service
- To assess, manage and monitor the health and personal safety of individuals and staff and staff in line with the Care Quality Commission requirements, the Care Act (2014) relevant legislation and their Policies and Procedures
- To plan, action and monitor staff rotas, clients support timetables
- To monitor and maintain the physical standards of the accommodation they manage. Receive reports of repairs from individuals and co-ordinate the maintenance on their behalf with the housing association
- To carry out regular assessments and coordinate and implement support plans
- To record any agreed ‘extra care’, providing, reports, assessments, and timesheet records promptly and accurately
- To keep full records of work and write reports to a standard set by the agency.
- To seek out individuals’ feedback on support and the service and act on this
- To undertake shared responsibilities for the out of hour’s on-call rota across their services
Evenings and weekends and sleep ins (as cover) may be required). The post holder may be asked to undertake other tasks that fall within our aims and philosophy.
- Salary £27,500 per year (£14.10 per hour) plus emergency on-call (rate under review)
- Location: Ladbroke Grove W10
- Salary range: £27,500 P.A
- Job type: Permanent
- Job Section: Care
- Working Hours: Full time 37.5 hrs per week
- Contact: Mamoona Ibrahim
We are leading Recruitment experts with a 12 year track record, delivering hands on staffing solutions and driving excellence to blue chip, fintech and dynamic SME Employers, who trust us in finding them the best talent. You can apply for our vacancies in confidence.
Team Leader, Support Worker, Care Assistant, Healthcare Assistant, Personal Care, Care Worker, Permanent, Ladbroke Grove W10
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'