The firm has been established for more than 80 years, with offices across East Anglia. With exceptional growth within the Peterborough office, a new Float Secretary is needed to help support the Fee Earners across the business. The primary responsibilities are providing the Business Support Team with, typing, secretarial and administrative support, seconded to any department identified as requiring specific secretarial support.
Other duties will include:
- Assisting with digital Dictation and administrative support across the company
- Prioritising own workload effectively
- preparing all correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing
- operating case management systems including storing documents electronicly
- Becoming familiar with all relevant computer packages including PDF docs, document conversion and tracked changes.
- To be involved in the efficient management of client/matter files to include general filing in a timely and accurate manner (both electronically and paper)
- To undertake administrative elements of PD review and ensure these are followed up by arranging PD reviews between supervisor and matter manager, updating notes and following through on actions, including credit control
- Arranging appointments, meetings and maintaining fee earner's diaries
- Updating fee earners CPD records
- Drafting memos, emails and letters
- dealing with administrative routines, as required, to include scanning, faxing, copying, printing and releasing matter-related emails from Mimecast
- Reviewing time sheets
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail in all media
What is offered:
This role will offer fantastic progression, with a view into a paralegal position in the future.
The salary offered is between £18,000 to £22,000 with an annual bonus. Free car parking is also offered.
Get in touch:
For more information on this position, please apply directly or contact Bradley Steward at Nelson Chambers.
- legal secretary
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'