Salary £15.11 per hour
This post will involve flexible working across a 24-hour shift rota (days, evenings and night shifts) in a 7 day a week service. You will be required to have access to private transport. Teamwork and flexibility are central to our approach, along with commitment and a "can do" attitude to working in this manner is fundamental.
G4S Health Services UK Ltd is a national provider of critical primary and forensic healthcare services for the public and private sectors. We have delivered services to police forces and within secure sites throughout the UK since 2005, with customers in local government and the NHS.
G4S Health Services UK Ltd is unique in that we operate in all types of justice health environments: Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC). This enables us to share learnings on a wide variety of topics, from NPS trends and assessment to better linking mental health support to the community.
Our broad business experience across Justice Healthcare Services, with custody and SARC services, in particular, allows us to share best practice, innovation, and expertise and support across all regions to deliver service excellence.
Job Outline: Attending police custody to assess, document and treat detainees and determine fitness to remain in custody.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assessment/Treatment of illnesses and injuries
- Determination of fitness to be detained, released, charged or transferred
- To carry out medical and forensic examinations in accordance with G4S Forensic and Medical Services
- To be available for court attendance when requested
- To treat the detained person as a patient with dignity and respect
The Ideal Candidate:
- HCPC paramedic or Registered General Nurse with at least 2 years post qualification experience.
- Ability to take blood samples
- Full Driving License and own vehicle
- Experience in an autonomous/lone working role
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting. To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applicants are received.