Fleet Operations Manager
Reporting into the Operations & IT Director, the aim of the role is to establish, maintain and manage a working relationship with the contract hire service provider.
- Assist in developing contract hire remarketing strategy to ensure maximum sale prices are achieved and that effective processes and controls are implemented
- Develop an annual activity plan outlining timings and high-level deliverables
- Remarketing our current fleet and look at opportunities for marketing campaigns
- Manage the day-to-day delivery of agreed activity in line with prescribed budgets
- Responsibility for developing and maintaining an ongoing relationship with the chosen Contract Hire service provider
- Establishing appropriate oversight of their processes and service levels with the aim of ensuring a market competitive offering is in place
- Establish a sound working relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Define residual value and provide support to negotiate with OEM for Risk cars
- Establish appropriate and routine fleet management policies and procedures
- Optimise asset retention and income through negotiations of contract buy-out and extension process
- Previously worked within motor related financial services in a previous capacity
- Full working knowledge of the contract hire arena
- Strong experience within the automotive industry with knowledge of remarketing channels
- Displays sound commercial acumen
- Experience of being able to quickly understand the drivers of profitability in a business
- Produce sound working documentation and presentations
- Appreciation of legal, regulatory and compliance issues and is familiar with the principles encapsulated within the FCA’s 'treating customer fairly’ code of conduct
- The position will require international as well as domestic travel from time to time
- The jobholder should ideally possess a full driving licence
- Based in Reigate
- £50,000 - £55,000, plus up to 20% quarterly performance based bonus
- Private medical healthcare
- Company pension scheme
- Eligibility for employee car scheme
- 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday with an hour for lunch
Please note; Due to the large number of applications that we receive, if you have not had a response within 7 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Follow us on Twitter or join our Facebook community by clicking 'Like’ on our Optima Recruitment Ltd page. Be the first to see our jobs as well as useful information about the job market, CVs and interviews.
Optima Recruitment acts as both an 'Employment Agency’ & 'Employment Business’ providing recruitment services throughout Surrey.
- Fleet Management
- Contract Hire
- Fleet Operations