SF Group are currently recruiting for a Fleet Manager for our client based in Aston. This is a permanent opportunity and the role is paying up to £30,000 per annum for the right candidate.
The purpose of the role is to provide technical expertise, management and coordination of the vehicle fleet within the company. To manage the maintenance of all of the vehicles ensuring the cost is managed.
- In conjunction with the District Managers, to manage the maintenance of all vehicles within the Company
- To monitor compliance with manufacturers recommended scheduled maintenance activities and to oversee the purchase of fixed or portable specialist equipment
- To manage the maintenance budget and implement measures to reduce costs
- To coordinate the purchase and use of vehicle support equipment with particular emphasis on maintenance and safety
- To monitor compliance with vehicle legal requirements including Ministry of Transport tests and vehicle permits
- To work with the Operations Manager, Bus Services Manager and the District Managers to identify and implement improvements in vehicles, support equipment and maintenance activities
- To maintain effective vehicle filing systems
- To investigate and report on vehicle defects and operating or safety problems, with particular emphasis on identifying common trends or poor practice within the fleet
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with vehicle maintenance contractors, ensuring compliance with manufacturers specifications
- To maintain knowledge of current legal requirements in vehicle maintenance, policy and procedures, identifying and reporting on possible applications for the Company and implementing such measures as appropriate
- Be the main point of contact with all insurance queries, maintaining regular contact and updating the Operations Manager as appropriate
- To undertake any other reasonable duties which may be considered necessary for the smooth and efficient operation of the Company
- Have a full valid UK Driving Licence and ownership of/access to a car
- Be committed to achieving the highest standards in vehicle fleet management and maintenance practice
- Have excellent administrative and time-management skills, particularly in respect of self-directed planning and working, with a flexible attitude to working hours and arrangements
- Have well developed interpersonal and communication skills combined with a diplomatic approach to achieving results
- Have first level management experience within a vehicle/maintenance environment
- Have sound report-writing skills including basic word-processing skills
- Hold or working towards the Certificate in Professional Competence for Passenger Carrying Vehicles
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant experience, please apply or for more information call Harbinder Soul on .