Fleet Maintenance Manager
Fleet Maintenance Manager - Passenger Transport
Based Birmingham with travel to other West Midlands sites
c£30,000 + benefits
MVP is working with the UK’s largest provider of accessible passenger transport services to recruit a Fleet Maintenance Manager. Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will be responsible for managing the proactive maintenance of all vehicles across a large fleet and depot network. Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring compliance with manufacturers recommended scheduled maintenance activities. Oversee the purchase of any specialist equipment.
- Managing the maintenance budget and implementing measures to reduce costs.
- Monitoring compliance with vehicle legal requirements including MOT’s and vehicle permits.
- Working closely with other members of the management team to identify and implement improvements in vehicles, support equipment and maintenance activities.
- Maintaining effective vehicle filing systems.
- Investigating and reporting on vehicle defects and operating or safety problems, with particular emphasis on identifying common trends or any poor practice within the fleet.
- Maintaining knowledge of current legal requirements in vehicle maintenance, policy and procedures, identifying and reporting on possible applications for the Company and implementing such measures as appropriate.
Candidates for this role should have the following experience and skills:
- Previous experience of successfully managing the maintenance of large fleets of vehicles
- Full UK driving licence and ownership of/access to a car - happy to travel as part of the role
- Great administrative and time-management skills - able to manage your own workload and with a flexible attitude to working hours and arrangements
- Good report-writing skills and experience of MS Office
- Excellent communication skills and a diplomatic approach to achieving results
- A passenger transport CPC would be an advantage but is not absolutely necessary
There is a real sense of community and team work within this organisation, and this is an excellent chance for the successful candidate to really make their mark.
MVP Supply Chain Recruitment has been placing Supply Chain, Logistics, Purchasing and Distribution professionals for over 30 years. For more information on MVP, or to view our current portfolio of vacancies, please visit our website.
MVP Supply Chain Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
- Fleet Management
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Motor Fleet
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job