Fleet Information Technician - Data Entry
Reporting to either Team/Assistant Manager or Supervisor, the employee enters data into a proprietary database using data received from various sources such as from ship masters and clients around the world. You will also be responsible for categorizing messages appropriately within the data entry system and forwarding to the appropriate personnel. Understands the operational flow/importance of all messages received.
As a leader in global weather intelligence, my client has been selected by the UN as a participant in the UN Global Compact. Specifically, the Action Platform for Sustainable Ocean Business under which Climate Action and Life Below Water are the primary focus. They are a trusted partner for companies who require decision support for weather sensitive operations. Since 2018 they have saved over 1.4 million MT of fuel equating to over 4.1 million tons of CO2, or the removal of 875,000 cars from the road.
They are a leading provider of shore-based ship route advisory services, on-board voyage optimization systems and fleet management systems. The company routes 50,000 ship voyages annually. Its award winning products and services are designed to help ship owners, charterers, operators, fleet managers and captains identify the safest, most time-efficient or fuel-efficient routes for their fleets.
As a Fleet Information Technician, you'll process and input data to our database, have an eye for detail with a focus on data management and quality control. Ultimately, you'll be responsible for maintaining accurate, up-to-date and useable information in our systems by following well designed guidelines and processes, while providing excellent customer support services for our internal teams. Specifically, you'll contribute to the following:
- Support operations teams in servicing our clients shipping needs
- Enter data from various sources into a proprietary database
- Troubleshoot and solve various proprietary data/voyage alerts using known techniques and strategies
- Apply common sense and strong data analysis skills to resolve issues
Furthermore, you will be required to do the following on a daily basis:-
- Daily correspondence with ship Captains and Clients
- Quality control of voyage data sent by both Captains and Clients
- Inputting, evaluating, responding and sorting messages from Captains, Clients and Sales offices
- Entering new voyage applications using proprietary software
Applicants should meet the following criteria:-
- Minimum associate degree, or proven data entry experience
- Strong analytical background, with next-level attention to detail
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible rotating shifts
- Open minded and enthusiastic to learn new and continue with career development;
- Systematic, structured and proactive;
- Motivating, cooperative and resourceful;
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'