Yoh Solutions are recruiting on behalf of our client in the Automotive industry for a Fleet Engineer within the Technical Services Team. They are a great organisation with a fantastic reputation for quality of service within the Fleet Management industry offering a bespoke service to all of their clients' vehicles.
They have a large portfolio of high profile clients in throughout different industries. The Fleet Engineer role will be managing the compliance of the fleet of one of my clients' largest customers, who are in the engineering industry specifically within construction and building services. You will be responsible for the management and development of the clients' vehicles service & repair networks. You will have to pay particular attention in regard to compliance event management, downtime minimisation and cost control.
As a Fleet Engineer your main responsibilities will be:
- Meeting with Commercial Vehicle repairers and negotiating terms in order to build a national preferred list of high level suppliers
- Liaising between the company and the clients in regards to repairs and maintenance events, advising the most cost effective and timely suppliers within the preferred network.
- Working closely with the maintenance and technical services team to make sure once vehicles are with these suppliers the down time and repair time is minimal
- Visiting the garages when things go wrong with repairs and maintenance, actively seeking resolution to the problems, ensuring that it will not happen in the future.
- Regularly updating the client on the status of all vehicles and when there are errors made by suppliers fully explain to the client how these will be prevented in the future
Experience required is as follows:
- Extensive and proven experience in negotiating terms and service levels and be highly skilled in managing Commercial Vehicle Maintenance and Accident Repair Networks
- An in-depth knowledge of commercial vehicle and ancillary equipment compliance, and a detailed understanding of the regulatory and legal obligations of commercial vehicle fleet operation
- Experience with and detailed understanding of the workings and operation of commercial service, inspection, maintenance and repair operations
- An up to date awareness of the developments in the Commercial Vehicle market
The role is field based, national role. You will be rewarded with a salary of up to £40,000, however for the right person there is some flexibility on the salary. You will have an executive car, pension schemes and a minimum of 25 days holiday with an opportunity to buy more days.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job