Are you an experienced Maintenance Technician with previous experience working on Rolling stock vehicles who are looking to step away from the tools for the opportunity to work for the UK's only train operating company dedicated to operating trains on behalf of the rolling stock engineering, train manufacturing, and leasing sectors.
A new opportunity has arisen for a Fleet Controller to join my client's Operations team and assist the Duty control manager. My client provides an extremely unique service managing the transportation of trains from point A to Point B for their clients. We're looking for an innovative team member who can provide new solutions for their current operations to increase efficiency and deliver seamless train plans to meet the requirement of customers.
Location (s): Derby, Nottingham, Doncaster, Birmingham
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support and assistance to Control Room staff and telephone support to operational and other staff across the company.
- Lead and manage TOPS integrity across the business, ensuring accurate reporting of maintenance and other activities on the appropriate systems.
- Production of the fleet plan, ensuring engineering and maintenance requirements are inherent in all plans, whilst delivering availability and reliability of all fleet assets to all aspects of the business.
- Manage defect reporting, action, and closeout, ensuring continuity of data between TOPS, R2 and DARTS, and any other systems in use by ROG or the supply chain.
- Acknowledgment of NIR reports, ensuring the correct dissemination of NIR information from the Control to appropriate persons.
- Lead the daily Fleet Conference ensuring notes and actions are identified and carried out, including outstanding actions and the progressing of those with individuals as required.
- Working with the Commercial and Planning teams, allocate traction and rolling stock, couplers, adaptors, and specialist equipment to commercial services to ensure planned services operate with maximum efficiency and in accordance with all maintenance schedules and guidelines.
- Manage back to the plan after perturbation, disruption or incidents.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the supply chain as necessary.
- Update resource plans as required to meet emerging customer needs.
- At least 4 year's experience working as a rolling stock technician
- Minimum HNC/HND in a suitable engineering or technical discipline
- Must have a driving license
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'