Our client are a specialist market leader in their industry, recruiting due to growth in the business. They are ideally searching for somebody with a qualification in automotive mechanics, to take on an office based role assisting with roadside and depot issues to ensure the smooth running of day-to-day business. You will be an excellent communicator working within a team that is functional 24 hours per day, 365 days per year , ready to take on a new challenge.
To succeed in this role you will possesss a Commercial Vehicle Mechanics qualification.
Your daily duties will involve:
- Managing the administration of a fleet of commercial vehicles, and handling the associated administration and legal compliance documents
- Answering a high volume of inbound calls involving roadside breakdowns and general repairs, advising the contact regarding vehicle downtime
- Being aware of vehicle legal requirements regarding MOTs, service checks and other events
- Liaising with an external network of suppliers regarding complex maintenance issues
- Managing vehicle diagnoses, costs and repair timeframes
- Escalating serious issues to the appropriate level
To succeed in the role of Fleet Controller you will hold he following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Commercial Vehicle Mechanics qualification
- Knowledge of DVSA and FTA standards and UK Transport Law
- 1-2 years' experienced in an office based role
- Strong experience in the Microsoft Office package
- Excellent communication skills and a professional and efficient telephone manner
- Experience in a fast-paced, high pressure environment with extremely high attention to detail
- A friendly and flexible attitude and the ability to work well within a team
Due to the amount of response we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals, if you have not heard back within 7 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for.