Job Title: Fixed Wire Field Engineer
Job Type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract (6-month with the chance for further extension)
This independent company delivers Telecommunications services across Mobile, Fixed and Optical Networks. They use a proven delivery model that operates globally in partnership with a leading telecoms company.
Their expertise lies in the implementation of E2E delivery services in all sectors of the telecommunications industry, specialising in mobile, fixed and optical networks. Drawing on extensive experience and knowledge in large scale multivendor environments to deliver high quality projects and solutions that satisfy their customers and importantly their end user.
The Fixed Wire DAS/PICO Field Engineer is responsible for all day to day on site, survey, Installation and Commissioning activities to support project delivery.
- Surveying for CAT5/6 cable runs at customer premises
- Surveying for positioning of access points
- Survey for equipment location
- Complete all installation & commissioning activities on site as per assigned project(s)
- Ensure all installations are installed and tested to client/project specifications
- Perform all duties safely and to industry best practice
- Complete project reports/paperwork and upload within agreed project SLA
- Ensure all document reports are submitted to the required standards and timescales
- Receive and check issued job paperwork from the office
- Receive and check equipment/IRM deliveries and report damage/shortages to office/customer
- Support and assist Project Manager and Project Engineer with project delivery
- Understand and adhere to company policies and processes
- Maintain company issued vehicles and equipment with respect and to a high standard and report all issues in a timely manner
- Identify any training requirements where relevant
- Assist support staff where required
- Perform non-standard works as required
- Act as additional engineer on sites where necessary
- Stand in for field staff where necessary
- Process the return of decommission equipment to company stores
- Provide adhoc reports on technical and or field issues as necessary
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by the business
- No formal qualifications required
- Must be able to work alone at times
- Physically fit and must be willing to travel and work away from home
- A previous role in electronics or communications will be beneficial
- Previous experience with small cell, WiFi access points beneficial
- NPPV 3 or DBS clearance
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Electrician, 18th Edition, Electrical Engineer, Facilities, Engineer, Engineering, Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Qualified Electrician, Maintenance Technician, Engineering Maintenance, Multi Skilled Electrical Technician, Installations, Maintenance Electrician, Multi-skilled Engineer, Industrial Electrician, Maintenance Engineer, Technical Engineer, Electrical Services Technician, Commercial Electrician may also be considered for this role.
- Electrical Engineer
- Qualified Electrician
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Maintenance Technician
- Engineering Maintenance
- Multi Skilled Electrical Technician
- 18th Edition
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'