A UK Leading Supply Chain Solutions company
The 12 month fixed term position of Procurement Specialist will report to the Group Procurement Manager and work within the Central Procurement Team.
The main objective will be to support the Procurement Manager in providing a comprehensive procurement service to achieve maximum value and procurement practice in support of the company's business objectives and in compliance with company procurement policy.
The job holder will also be expected to pick up the current sourcing activities and commodity responsibilities to ensure excellent customer cars.
Other responsibility's also include:
• Lead and execute sourcing projects
• Reduce cost, minimise risk and optimise business processes for operating goods and services including those commodities that that fall into the Utilities Contracts Regulations 2016 (OJEU).
• Develop and implement sourcing plans/strategies for commodities as assigned.
• Consider situation analysis, company objectives, key industry market and economic trends.
• Ensure that all procurement activity and tender requirements are in accordance with the company’s Procurement policy.
• Comply with all prevailing legislation including the Utilities Contracts Regulations 2016 (OJEU) and UK competition law.
• Negotiate contracts with suppliers, ensuring favourable contractual terms and conditions and specifications, deliverables and performance metrics are clear and can be easily quantified.
• Work with the legal function to construct the necessary contractual arrangements to ensure all contractual terms and conditions are approved and corporate risk is minimised.
• Conduct supplier performance evaluation reviews for key suppliers
• Adopt 'Best in Class’ procurement processes, practices, methodologies and tools.
• Support the development and ongoing maintenance of the IFS ERP procurement system.
• Monitor and analyse the IFS Purchase to Pay key performance data and recommend improvements in the Purchase to Pay workflow.
The right candidate will have excellent communication and organisational skills, the ability to work under pressure.
A successful candidate will be a team player with a customer focused approach, and will be comfortable interacting at all levels within an organisation.
The successful candidate is likely to have the following other key attributes, skills and experience:
• Strong academic background and be CIPS part/fully qualified.
• Analytical nature with the ability to and solve both complex and uncomplicated problems and concepts and make informed decisions based on all the available information/data.
• Sound numerical skills are essential with the ability to gather and analyse data.
• Self-starter with excellent commercial acumen, ability to work cross-functionally and the ability to drive change across all levels of the company.
• Ability to work under pressure in managing multiple work activities simultaneously to set deadlines in a heavy workload environment is essential.
• Strong IT and numerical skills and experience with the ability to use software and systems to gather analyse and manage data.
• Working knowledge of Finance systems and P2P systems/eProcurement systems is essential.
• Knowledge of the Utilities Regulations 2016 or the UK Public Contract Regulations 2015 is desirable.
• Working knowledge of negotiating terms and conditions and construction of supplier contracts.
• Strong sourcing, negotiation and contracting skills & experience
• Demonstration of the successful delivery of sourcing projects in obtaining value for money.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
- Corporate Risk
- Organisational Skills
- Supply Chain
- Academic Background
- Drive Change
- Performance Metrics
- Supplier Performance