Fixed Asset Manager
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits
Reporting to the Director of Financial Control and Transformation, the Fixed Asset Manager will be required to manage a team of Fixed Asset Analyst’s and to provide accounting and control services for the Fixed Assets in operation across the Costa business. In doing this you will business partner the different accounting functions and commercial teams in the treatment of capital investment activities.
Responsibilities will include:
- This role is responsible for providing the accounting services for Fixed Assets relating to equity companies within the fusion platform and mainly in Costa Ltd and Costa Express. You will be responsible for delivering and maintaining the Fixed Asset ledgers in line with accounting policies and standards.
- Responsible for understanding and reporting on the fixed asset balances and accounting for all other entities within the Costa group that are accounted for outside of the transactional system
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed with the appropriate backup and relative actions are undertaken to clear reconciling items promptly in line with policy.
- Ensure Fixed Asset processes are compliant with the Whitbread financial control framework and can be evidenced. (Process Owner for Fusion Projects and Fixed Assets modules)
- Deliver reporting to provide insight into capital expenditure and performance against budget / forecast (to finance and non finance).
- Actively report on Projects and Fixed Assets status during Balance Sheet Reviews.
- Carry out annual (and half year) reporting and assessments. Impairment, Onerous Lease, UEL (Useful Economic Life) reviews and provide guidance on future investment activities and potential impacts.
- Manage 3 Fixed Asset Analysts, measuring their performance, develop the team, identify talent and create an environment of continuous improvement.
Skills and experience will include;
- A Qualified accountant with a deep understanding of the core principles of asset accounting processes
- Oracle /HFM/Finance system Skills would be an advantage
- Rounded technical skills – expertise across a range of accounting and financial areas
- Analytical rigour – a structured, methodical and broad-minded approach to business analysis
- Influencing skills – the interpersonal skills to build relationships and leverage these to shape operational decision making
- Challenging others – confident in challenging others, whilst maintaining a strong, professional relationship
- People management – experience of managing others and a clear sense of how to manage teams
- Managing audit process for fixed assets and driving process improvements
So bring us your unique blend, together with ambition and experience and in return we’ll give you a competitive salary, a yearly bonus, plenty of benefits and more coffee than you could dream of to enjoy in a supportive environment.
We’re Costa, the nation’s favourite coffee shop brand*, pouring our heart and soul into everything we do and creating moments to remember for our customers, our communities and for each other. Together we turn sips into smiles, choices into opportunities and passions into careers. Help us spread a little happiness!
*Independent survey of 5000 people published in December 2017 by Allegra Strategies. For further details see
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'