A vacancy has arisen for a professional & highly experienced Fixed Asset & Capital Accountant to maximise value from capital projects & ensure full control & accountability of existing business assets.
- Ensure the capital investment programme delivers the agreed benefits critical to the business objectives that drive profitability & efficiency.
- Ensure organisational assets are controlled maintaining shareholder wealth.
- Main custodian of business controls to ensure asset security.
- Prepare the capital projects analysis reporting & ensure robust reporting and compliance across the business.
- Accountable for evaluation of risk and compensating actions in line with local & group management strategy.
- Conduct & evaluate post implementation review & present findings to the management team.
- Nurture strong relationships within the finance team, capital projects management & department project managers across the business to further cross-departmental collaboration.
The ideal candidate:
- Professional accounting qualification or be working towards one with relevant experience.
- Knowledge of capital & fixed asset accounting.
- Experience of business budgeting & forecasting.
- Strong analysis & financial planning skills.
- Understanding of international reporting standards in regards to property, equipment & plant.
- Innovative problem solving ability.
- Experience using structured problem solving techniques such as LEAN and Six Sigma.
- High level of numeracy, data & systems experience.
- Familiarity with ERP/SAP and similar systems.
- Background in governance frameworks & effective controls.
The successful applicant will be expected to travel occasionally, including possible overseas work as per the needs of the business.
Whilst we would love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven't heard from us within 5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
We are acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. Our team of Specialist Consultants have the skills, experience and passion to deliver a professional, personal and quality service. Our mission is to build long-term relationships and help clients and candidates find the perfect match.
With offices in Cambridge, Ipswich and Norwich we specialise in the Office Support, Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, IT, Legal and Shipping & Transport sectors across all levels.
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant skills and would like to apply please call our team asap