Fixed Asset Accountant required for our client, a leading and global telecommunications business, based in the City.
The Group's fixed assets have a current net book value of approximately $3 billion and in 2014 alone, 3,800 new assets were created, all of which need to be managed to ensure they are accurately accounted and reported in the Group's accounts.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that all capex expenditure is properly accounted and reported in accordance with IFRS accounting standards in a timely manner to achieve reporting timelines.
- ACCA / CIMA Part Qualified / Finalist Level
- Existing knowledge of fixed asset accounting.
- Technically competent in accounting to IFRS standards
- Microsoft Excel to advanced level
- Super user/ advanced knowledge of SAP
Role will include:
- Maintenance of the Group fixed asset register. This involves
- Timely setting up of new project job codes in SAP correctly as assets under construction (AUC) or non AUC as appropriate with tasks split between team members
- Reviewing and release of purchase requisitions as part of the daily routine, creation of asset numbers and releasing capex purchase requisitions with a 48 hour turnaround
- Keeping track on the progress of AUC projects to ensure assets are settled on time following project completion dates
- Settling assets into the correct fixed asset categories
- Seeking approvals for depreciation rates prior to entry in SAP
- Managing the accounting for sales/disposals/write-downs/write-offs
- Production of accurate and timely month end capex numbers by
- Adhering to the month end time table for processes
- Provision of accruals for charge to capital
- Calculation and preparation of standard journals such as capitalisable borrowing / travel / contractors / code corrections as identified
- Provision of reconciliation of key accounts, reports and following up on any actions
- Provision of capex numbers as required by other stakeholders which may include, but not limited to
- Corporate Reporting
- Financial planning
- Production of fully operational capex functions within SAP / Project Space / Other systems as required
- Full involvement of new systems and processes including testing prior to go live
For more information, please contact Amel Steel on or email
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.