Our client is a leading manufacturer of engineered steel products with a long and successful history of serving the construction and associated industries.
We are currently recruiting a Fitters Mate for their site in Cardiff.
As a Fitters Mate you will need to have:
* Assist the qualified Mechanical Fitters with general maintenance of plant and equipment, including Gear Boxes, drive shafts, couplings, etc.
* Complete production line size changes in accordance with the rolling program, in a timely and safe manner.
* Changing blades on shears, changing out pipework and transfer troughs and ensuring the same are fit for use.
* Crane driving of Electric Overhead Gantry Cranes via remote control and general slinging and lifting duties.
* Fork Lift Truck operation to move stock and stores around the site.
* Previous experience in a similar role preferred
Working Hours : Days Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm
Position to start immediately
**Due to the nature of the roles and industry, All Successful Applicants will be required to take pre-employment screening. This includes a Medical, Drug & Alcohol test & Criminal Records checks before commencing employment **
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job